Voice software for MP?

peghorse

Hello Multiplayers!
Could everyone suggest their fave voice app?
Maybe we can come to some sort of conclusion as to what everyone should use to participate in multiplayer sessions.
ichat is cool, quite cool, but to take the load off the host, voice is the only solution I feel.
This is just my personal opinion and in no way am I an authority on this issue.
My suggestion is skype. (non video calls).
What do you think?

Skype is good. I don't think Xfire actually has VoIP or anything like that, I believe it's just text, etc, and tells you "x person on your Xfire friends list has just started to play y game".

I recommend Skype. It's great. Another two programs to use which are quite good are TeamSpeak and Ventrilo but they require a server to be hosted. Skype does not, which is a great advantage.

XFire dose have VoIP. Skype is all right, the draw back to it is you have to add people as friends. Then they will random add you to conversations and calls that you dont want any part of. Team speak is another good one, just from what I can tell a pain in the bum to get a server running.

Skype is all right, the draw back to it is you have to add people as friends. Then they will random add you to conversations and calls that you dont want any part of.

Well there would have to be hard and fast rules established. Any random adding to conversations without common courtesies would be an instant kick in my book.
I'm trying to avoid the whole new age/teen mindset thang of having the whole world come barging in through the front door.
Firing up seperate servers is not appealing to me personally.
Can we have polls in this forum software?

Will i have all tree and use skype the most. Think any one would be good and help in MP session

Skype would be my choice as far as being the easiest to set up and get going. Plus people have to accept your call first in order to be included.

Team speak 3

I am a TS 3 server but don't know how to give someone a way to connect to my server.

TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are much easier. Just install, insert address and connect. There's no invites, just join and talk to everyone that's there.

TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are much easier. Just install, insert address and connect. There's no invites, just join and talk to everyone that's there.

But setting up a TS or Vent server can be the hard part. or finding one that isn't full of random people.

But setting up a TS or Vent server can be the hard part. or finding one that isn't full of random people.

Actually, a Ventrilo or Team Speak server isn't very hard to set up at all. Just install, make adjustments as needed (settings wise) and your good to go.

Actually, a Ventrilo or Team Speak server isn't very hard to set up at all. Just install, make adjustments as needed (settings wise) and your good to go.

Its been about 4 or 5 years since I last tried to set up a TS Server. Back then you had to hand deliver data from user to user.

On a side note, youll want a program that lets you use PTT. (Push To Talk) Nothing is more annoying then hearing every thing from one player. I would say use voice to issue orders and ask for clearance. But then text for all misc chatter. You know, radio discipline. But thats just my two cents.

Back