Who's Going to Multi-play?

Two points

- it's a beta.
- install a seperate TS2010 for multiplayer

You can only use built-in content and two routes anyway, so why would you want to risk messing up your custom installation?

I was going to test it out. But finding out that they took out Combat. Mode means I am going to stay away for now. It would be nice if built-into CM was a tool to automatically fix faulty content. Or hopefully when Multi is released that it can be a stand-alone or add-on.

hert:wave:

I was going to test it out. But finding out that they took out Combat. Mode means I am going to stay away for now. It would be nice if built-into CM was a tool to automatically fix faulty content. Or hopefully when Multi is released that it can be a stand-alone or add-on.

ah man. Whts the point of multiplay if i can't use my legacy dynamite to blow up your bridge?:'(

Two points

- it's a beta.
- install a seperate TS2010 for multiplayer

You can only use built-in content and two routes anyway, so why would you want to risk messing up your custom installation?

Why should I install a separate version of TRS 2010? Why do I have to do other people´s work? Why does my HD need to have 2 versions of TRS 2010? It´s not my fault if Auran is becoming a constant failure, we told them and they just didn´t listened to us.

Btw, alright, it´s a beta version. But what´s the point of erasing compatibility mode and scenario mode in SINGLE PLAYER. I quite understand MULTIPLAYER, but SINGLE PLAYER?

Dude, seriously c´mon.

AURAN|N3V, stop prettending that you´re deaf and listen the people what they want, no what you want! It´s an advice from most of us.

Why should I install a separate version of TRS 2010? Why do I have to do other people´s work? Why does my HD need to have 2 versions of TRS 2010? It´s not my fault if Auran is becoming a constant failure, we told them and they just didn´t listened to us.

Btw, alright, it´s a beta version. But what´s the point of erasing compatibility mode and scenario mode in SINGLE PLAYER. I quite understand MULTIPLAYER, but SINGLE PLAYER?

Dude, seriously c´mon.

AURAN|N3V, stop prettending that you´re deaf and listen the people what they want, no what you want! It´s an advice from most of us.

Auran as stated that Scenarios are being phased out. Which I am glad you can do all the same things in a session without having to script. As for Comb. Mode totally agree.

Why should I install a separate version of TRS 2010? Why do I have to do other people´s work? Why does my HD need to have 2 versions of TRS 2010?
Hello? anybody there? It's a beta...
Ah, you figured it out yourself.
You said you wanted multi-player, you didn't define how it should be implemented. There's no pleasing some people (as somebody said to the ex-leper)

Paul

Dude, seriously c´mon.

I can't even begin to describe what's wrong with your post. At any rate, it's not as if this was RTM...and, besides, people volunteered for it.

Hello? anybody there? It's a beta...

Ah, you figured it out yourself.

You said you wanted multi-player, you didn't define how it should be implemented. There's no pleasing some people (as somebody said to the ex-leper)

Paul

Yes, ok, alright, it´s a beta, but it shouldn´t "close" all those options in single player >.<

We said what we wanted multiplayer, and we told Auran how we wanted. Allowing the compatibility mode...

And for the last, I´m not the only one saying this...

N3V hasn't said what they intend to do with multiplayer once it is ready for release. So why sweat the details now. Either play with it or leave it alone.

William

Actually, I told auran constantly what I wanted in Multiplayer. Windwalker essentially called me an idiot and ignored me. What did I want? Third party assets being able to be used, especially for private servers. There are some things that I wanted to do with personal reskins that I would only release to a few of my friends. (Mainly my shortlines that I wouldn't want on the DLS)

What did I want? Third party assets being able to be used, especially for private servers. There are some things that I wanted to do with personal reskins that I would only release to a few of my friends. (Mainly my shortlines that I wouldn't want on the DLS)
Apparently they decided not to implement it, tough. Life's like that.

Paul

Patch was successful, but the database repair did not initialize and had some end user issues to get it going (running now and be 2 hours minimum and hate this step).

As for JadeBullet:
Third party assets being able to be used, especially for private servers.

Essential for this to have overwhelming success.

I never though that multi-player would be of much use to me, until I first ran it and found out it is great fun to do so give it a try before you condemn it.
As for compatibility mode, if everyone complains it may get put back, I have not run in it for some time and do not miss it at all.

Apparently they decided not to implement it, tough. Life's like that.

Paul

Yeah, but businesses are not supposed to be like that. They are supposed to be catering to their existing customers, while at the same time attracting new ones. Auran is just trying to attract new ones, and be like Railworks, while constantly screwing over their existing customers. The ones who made the game good.

People that we have lost to Auran's greed.
Dinorious_Redundicus
Leeferr(went payware.)
Gfisher seems fed up. I doubt that he will buy a new version if they mess up his playing anymore.
And several other creators that I can't remember right now just because I have a fever.

I am downloading MP at the moment, and working it onto a clean version of 2010. Here is hoping that it is actually good, but I am skeptical.

Also, does anyone have a screenshot of the User interface?

Yeah, but businesses are not supposed to be like that. They are supposed to be catering to their existing customers, while at the same time attracting new ones.
No, businesses exist to make money. In order to satisfy the last 20% of the customers they would have to put in 80% more effort. Or, put another way they can satisfy 80% of the customers with only 20% of the effort. It's called the Pareto principle, you should read up on it (this is also the reason why a lot more screenshots of projects get posted than finished models, that last 20% is the killer).

There are probably good reasons for the design decisions but I don't know for sure. And even if I did I couldn't tell you.

Paul

Actually, businesses exist to do alot of things depending on what department. Financial department is all about shareholders. Accounting is all about profit. Marketing is all about satisfying customers. All of them need to work together to work properly.

And yes, I know about 80/20. The thing is though. 80% of TRS users are getting screwed over so that auran can attract 20% of new customers, probably trying to get the RW crowd. (Which, judging by their community, they can keep that 20%)

Getting rid of compatability mode took work. Keeping it, did not. Getting rid of it alienates 80% of the community, while 20% don't seem to give a crap, or are for it. (Really, if you tally up this thread, it does appear to be close to 80% of the tread's users are upset about it.)

Hi Everybody.
Yeah, but businesses are not supposed to be like that. They are supposed to be catering to their existing customers, while at the same time attracting new ones. Auran is just trying to attract new ones, and be like Railworks, while constantly screwing over their existing customers. The ones who made the game good.

You are on the right lines jadebullet but I would not entirely agree with the way you have defined your argument.

Auran is a business, and all businesses are there to produce as much profit as possible for their shareholders. New customers are always the main target market as the biggest profits come from selling them their original version of Trainz.

Existing users of Trainz are ancillary customers who are to be tempted to buy additional items for their version of Trainz. The foregoing would be payware content and additional routes.

Doubtless they think of freeware content creators as an asset to the business but should they lose some of those creators the gap will be filled by payware content creators.

That is business at Auran and the world over. Hard isn't it, but it is a simple formula that some on this forum never seem to grasp.

Bill:D

What did I want? Third party assets being able to be used, especially for private servers

I'd also like to see this, but it does make things a little more complex. For example, how do you ensure everyone has all the items required for a map? How do you ensure everyone has the same version of those assets?

I think those are solvable problems, but it might be a good idea for Auran to get the core multiplayer solid first before they start to tackle some of those other issues.

Curtis

I'd also like to see this, but it does make things a little more complex. For example, how do you ensure everyone has all the items required for a map? How do you ensure everyone has the same version of those assets?
You download them from the DLS. That would seem to be the easiest solution at this stage (and also allows Auran to concentrate on getting multi-player working properly without everything falling down because assets are missing).

Paul

Damn right I am

Going right back to the original question - damn right I'm going to try multiplayer.

I want to move on from configuring the AI to give me the illusion that there is more than just me on Planet Earth.

I'm just itching to get out there on a route with other players. I want to join a session where one person takes the role of the Dispatcher (and possibly a Driver too) and makes the whole thing work as a real railroad.

I want to see one Driver make up consists in the yard so that others can take freight cars elsewhere. I want to see crosssings and passings of trains in the loops on single track routes.

This, to me, really is the next great step forward in train simulations. Interactions with real people, not artificial ones.

Come on guys, I suggest an open mind - just try it before you condemn it.

Phil

Back