Who is this solteszpeti guy?

screecher

So basically, I was going to look for some models to download. I found this NYC Mercury off the DLS. I installed it, but Auran marks the author as a guy named "solteszpeti." It cannot be, because I checked the config and it said a different author name. I am guessing that Auran cannot find that user registered on MyTrainz, they will just put solteszpeti as a placeholder. Is this actually the case though?

What's the name in the config.txt?
I doubt N3V, it's no longer Auran, would put a false name into the assets.

It's possible that he reskinned someone else's model and didn't bother to give credit.

The engine and tender are the only assets he uploaded to the DLS.

I forgot to add before that there's a possibility his account was removed but the download is still active. There was a rash of users doing this and many were removed.

Last edited:
It seems that it was somebody releasing whatever skins&mods&kitbashes of someone's else even with original configs, he had several nicks, (trainz) brands and several websites. His ID is hidden so he was most probably banned by N3V...

What's the name in the config.txt?
I doubt N3V, it's no longer Auran, would put a false name into the assets.

It's possible that he reskinned someone else's model and didn't bother to give credit.

The engine and tender are the only assets he uploaded to the DLS.

I forgot to add before that there's a possibility his account was removed but the download is still active. There was a rash of users doing this and many were removed.
The name in the config file text is "Mstnoodle", but its not actually him. Its someone using his alias to release models

The name in the config file text is "Mstnoodle", but its not actually him. Its someone using his alias to release models
Just as we thought and others said. While the models are still available for download, the user was banned from uploading again. These should've been removed from the DLS, but N3V won't do that unless the original author notifies N3V to do so.

Just as we thought and others said. While the models are still available for download, the user was banned from uploading again. These should've been removed from the DLS, but N3V won't do that unless the original author notifies N3V to do so.
PS: This also applies to objects, stuff and locos with no author tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
MSTSNoodle created the original versions of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff for as the username indicates Microsoft Train Simulator. He then ported it to Trainz when MSTS was discontinued. He had a website and you could download the models from there. As far as I know, most of the Thomas stuff is built off of his stuff which is why his username is in the config. But all of that was 20+ years ago.

MSTSNoodle created the original versions of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff for as the username indicates Microsoft Train Simulator. He then ported it to Trainz when MSTS was discontinued. He had a website and you could download the models from there. As far as I know, most of the Thomas stuff is built off of his stuff which is why his username is in the config. But all of that was 20+ years ago.
Well, someone on youtube named Nile Adam makes some models that are "Mstnoodle styled". In the config, the author is always Mstnoodle and the organisation is Mstnoodle USA. That is why the Trainz server can't detect a member named Mstnoodle, so they put solteszpeti as a placeholder

Well, someone on youtube named Nile Adam makes some models that are "Mstnoodle styled". In the config, the author is always Mstnoodle and the organisation is Mstnoodle USA. That is why the Trainz server can't detect a member named Mstnoodle, so they put solteszpeti as a placeholder
N3V will not substitute a user name. That's not how their system works.

The author tag of the config.txt could contain almost everything, which the creator decides to put in it. It's not used for display by the ContentManager or DLS website. The name, displayed by these two, depends on the UserID part of the KUID.

Peter

I have often wondered when I see assets that have the author's KUID as the User Name. And then for some of them it will be faulty, saying the User Name is invalid.

Back