Blue Comet railroad terminal (warning semi large pictures)

Thai1On

Slave to my route
I've got the Blue Comet wallpapers on my desktop and I'm curious to know what station was used in the screen shots? I have been going through both surveyor and the DLS with no luck. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words but I would love to use this station and one of my stops along the route I'm starting to build.

city2_1024x768.jpg

city_1024x768.jpg

Those are actually renders from 3DSMax, rather than screenshots. It's likely that it's an object that Rob (the lead artist for Trainz) created, likely an unreleased item.

Those are actually renders from 3DSMax, rather than screenshots. It's likely that it's an object that Rob (the lead artist for Trainz) created, likely an unreleased item.

Would it be possible to ask Rob nicely to release this gorgeous station?

@mcguirel

I agree this would have been a nice generic set as well that we could easily reskin for our own use. The CN, CP, and B&M used similar locomotives, and having a B&M trainset like this would be awesome. It would be like the Gull or the Montrealer and other trains the B&M ran in its heyday along with the CN and CP.

@rweber - Great job! Now we some famous movie actors such as Clarke Gable and Launa Horne walking along the platform in front of the locomotive. :)

John

did anyone other than me notice the nice coach on the other part of the terminal

I saw it too.

Most likely a reskin of the Blue Comet coaches in green.

Really nice stuff.

John

It looks like Rob was working on "The Bullet" as well. The Bullet was the Comet's sister train, and it ran between Wilkes Barre, PA and Jersey City, NJ. It was olive green, rather than blue. It was retired after two years though.

20-3136-1.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like Rob was working on "The Bullet" as well. The Bullet was the Comet's sister train, and it ran between Wilkes Barre, PA and Jersey City, NJ. It was olive green, rather than blue. It was retired after two years though.

That's really nice looking. The green fits that loco very nicely, I think better than the blue.

John

I did find a way to reskin the coach for my own personal use, I wanted a Reading, Blue Mountain and Northern maroon coach with detailed interior that I could ride in, so I did it myself. The coach looks very close to the RBMN coaches, which are actually ex-DL&W coaches purchased from NJT in 1984 and moved to Temple and Hamburg, PA and were used on the Blue Mountain and Reading tourist railroad from July, 1985-1995 and special off-line trips on Conrail in Sept, 1985, fall 1987, and 1988 as well as trips on the Boyertown-Pottstown line with steam 425, and Emmaus-Pennsburg line with steam 2102 and 425 in the early 90's. There were numerous trips on Reading and Northern with 425 in early 90's until end of 1996 to places like Minersville, Ashland, Jim Thorpe from Leesport and Port Clinton then post 1996 diesels were used until 425's return in 2008 but they use diesels normally on the Lehigh Gorge Scenic out of Jim Thorpe and some special runs but 425 is used on most long excursions and a few times a year on Lehigh Gorge trains from Jim Thorpe, a 16 mile round trip. To edit the coach, I had to export to CDP, then use 2004 CDP to open the CDP and extract the files, them browsed for the folder in 2004 download folder, moved it, and reskinned the coach files, then imported back to 2010.
var geo_Partner = 'e4f5c72a-6083-499d-94f4-929aa4d23e06'; var geo_isCG = true;var geo_Partner = 'e4f5c72a-6083-499d-94f4-929aa4d23e06'; var geo_isCG = true;var geo_Partner = 'e4f5c72a-6083-499d-94f4-929aa4d23e06'; var geo_isCG = true;

Last edited:
The CNJ Terminal at the Jersey City port.

All of us who have purchased the Trainz Blue Comet deserve a realistic CNJ Terminal!

The pictured terminal is the CNJ, Jersey City Terminal, which can be closely modled using the Station kit parts by Magicland,
kuid:58843:37004,5,6,7,11,14 and :37002,3,10.

I have started developing a map and session for TS 10 and possibly TS 12. Does anyone know of an existing map?

Thanks, Irving

What happened to that green coach? It was supposed to be part of a different set? It doesn't matter to me since I found a way to recolor the coach, but it involves exporting as CDP, then opening with 2004 to extract the texture files, then use texturetotga to be able to open and edit the textures, then reimport into 2010 as a new copy under your own id. It's probably ok as long as you only use it for your own personal use. I wanted to create different colored/lettered coaches for various tourist railroads in eastern US that I'm modeling, because a lot of US tourist railroads have this type of coach, steel heavyweight with open windows, Steamtown is one, they have ex-DL&W and ex-CNJ coaches, and a CNJ combine in dark green. There are a few Blue Comet observations surviving, one is at the Cape May Seashore Lines in Tuckahoe, NJ, Temple is the name of it, and another is at the Whippany Railroad Museum, and another is at a diner off I-78 near Clinton, NJ. There is a Seashore Lines route by gfisher, these coaches plus the steam or perhaps a CNJ diesel off the DLS would look good on that route even though it's actually PRSL. It's the same route that the Cape May Seashore Lines tourist railroad owns.

The Historic CRRNJ Train Terminal. this is the place. i have visited it and remebered it.
I've got the Blue Comet wallpapers on my desktop and I'm curious to know what station was used in the screen shots? I have been going through both surveyor and the DLS with no luck. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words but I would love to use this station and one of my stops along the route I'm starting to build.

city2_1024x768.jpg

city_1024x768.jpg

Back