Show off your reskins!

I have about 30 SD70ACe's and only 3 of them have a nose light.
If that is what you mean.

So if I clone this one and change the numbers then I have a good one?

sd70ace noselight 8942 (tane shot).jpg

This is the SD70ACe (late) from author Norfolksouthern.
On the tv picture above I can see the logo with the wings is placed lower, so this must be the one....

Last edited:
Richard
Thank you for the graphics and I’ll upload the corrected version tonight when I get home from work

Richarde57

Yes it's still good, but it has to be private because it's payware. I did reskin myself a Conrail SD40-2 from the older norfolksouthern37 NS SD40-2 a while ago and I'm still running it. Yes, I can download davesnow's noselite UP SD70ACe and change the numbers, but I'm just talking about my opinion on sporbust content. Not everyone will be complete with their models (especially with other stuff in our lives), but they could be modified (textures or the mesh) later by someone else as long as they got permission to do so like those Unstoppable reskins released several years back. These reskins are fictional, but they're good examples of modified sporbust content because of their correct headlight positions on the SD40-2 models like their counterparts used in the movie. The real world changes a lot more than our virtual ones and the same goes for the model railroad industry.

Last edited:
Decided to try my hand at creating a larger steam locomotive for the Eagle River Railway, the fictional Jointed Rail route with the K&L Trainz steam session add-on. Started off with a few coaches and then jumped headfirst into heavily "Americanizing" a Canadian mikado, Canadian Pacific no. 5361 (as Eagle River no. 61). Moved the Elesco feedwater heater underneath the smokebox, moved the headlight above the boiler and added a "Pyle" style visor (similar style to the K&L ERSX steam locomotive) and created a circular number plate. Will be a work in progress as always but for completely changing the look of an engine I don't think it turned out too bad...

Eagle River no. 61 simmering away in the yard

Bowwgom.jpg

Having her coal topped-off at the engine house

tpoiMEG.jpg

Being turned on the wye for an excursion around Keane Lake

0go3wsV.jpg

Decided to try my hand at creating a larger steam locomotive for the Eagle River Railway, the fictional Jointed Rail route with the K&L Trainz steam session add-on. Started off with a few coaches and then jumped headfirst into heavily "Americanizing" a Canadian mikado, Canadian Pacific no. 5361 (as Eagle River no. 61). Moved the Elesco feedwater heater underneath the smokebox, moved the headlight above the boiler and added a "Pyle" style visor (similar style to the K&L ERSX steam locomotive) and created a circular number plate. Will be a work in progress as always but for completely changing the look of an engine I don't think it turned out too bad...

That is extremely clever!

Ideally like your Eagle River Mike. It looks a lot like one of the BC&G 2-8-0s as a 2-8-2 except for the cab, in my mind. Lovely.

Saturnr

Saturnr, that was definitely the goal. Originally I just changed the paint and kept the "Canadian" look to it but then decided that I really wanted to create a cohesive look among the locomotives, not just an identical paint scheme. I definitely like the high headlight, and it allowed me to bring the feedwater heater below the smokebox (which is where it was in the original model, I just eliminated the alpha textures that hid it). It's ultimately supposed to resemble the style of K&L's Eagle River consolidation, itself a modified version of a Southern consolidation.

This photo is what it looked like before I made any changes to the physical assets of the locomotive. I did the paint first and then went back and went back and changed the physical features.

jKV8Ddi.jpg

Oh and I forgot, on the current version I also chopped up the handrails so they aren't one continuous piece that runs along the boiler and then curves around the firebox face. I broke it into two rails that run along the boiler and then one curved piece along the front.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

one of several former western Maryland now owned by the Tidewater Western Railroad 4-8-4 Potomac engine with smoke deflectors undergoes testing after having been repainted by the steam shops in Waycross, Georgia.

This is probably my first freeware steam skin and it's a reskin of Gary Hoorn's PRR K4 5038 (left) as PRR 3876 (right). This is modeled after another PRR K4 with deflectors that's from a Lionel O gauge set from the early 2000's, even though the boiler style is different on the O gauge model and it's basically a normal K4. Not only I did simple renumbering and relettering, but I've also darkened the original texture to make it more blackish and not stand out like the original, especially when placed next to better K4 models.

Last edited:
You should ask jointedrial to publish these on there payware section you’d make a killin off these things I’d buy I know that

Back