Fatal Error message

OK, you will be glad to know that repairing the database is simple in TS2010.

To do so, click File, then Extended Database Repair, then wait until it says it is done.

Shane

EDIT: What build number is your version of TS2010? It may require a patch.

trainz2010

OK, you will be glad to know that repairing the database is simple in TS2010.

To do so, click File, then Extended Database Repair, then wait until it says it is done.

Shane

EDIT: What build number is your version of TS2010? It may require a patch.

build number is 41491 shane

Switching meshes is a little more tricky as it requires a seperate tool (PM2IM by PEV).

Also, there is a direct patch available to the latest version (44088) but be aware that you may get other issues (check the TS2010 forum for answers if it does happen)

Please visit http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=62766 then use the last link in the list to get the patch file. Make sure you read the notes at the bottom of that post to avoid patch complications (turning off antivirus software etc), then run the patch (as admin, if you are running Windows Vista or 7), then wait until it is complete (do not cancel the patching at any point as a re-install will be needed if you do)

Shane

Installing older content may have it's own issues, but most issues are easy to fix with help from forum members.

It's best to finish any asset installing you do before applying any patching - Trainz and Content Manager must not be running during a patching process.

Shane

A FATAL ERROR has occured.

Class:hardware
Version: JetvRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5QQQQQ

Exception @ 00B78EF5 in
c/program files/auran/trs2006/bin/KernelStandard_7c.dll

Recoverable Exception: yes

Call stack: 00B78EF5-00000001(+7EF5) unable to gather full diagnostics

can someone help me here?

legolistic,

Firstly, what build number is your version of Trainz? (even earlier versions have different build numbers)

Also, when is the fatal error happening? (on startup, during running a session etc)

Also, as it may be relevant, we also could do with your system specs.

Some people may get confused by your post as it appears to be related to a different version to the version used by the original poster in the thread.

Shane

I can only tell you that it happens like 10-20 seconds into the session. Most recent was with Tehachapi pass.
I was running 3 trains, averaging 90-95 cars each. Each had 5 locos. except for 1 with 4 up front with 7 helpers. 1 locomotive was a reskin.

That sounds like a possible low memory issue - Trainz sometimes fatals if it is using more than 1.8GB of memory.

I now need to check which version of Trainz the problem is happening on, and what operating system your system is running. (Also, if you can find out how much memory your system has, that will make things a bit easier)

Shane

I had issues with Trainz failing due to faulty hardware. A bad DIMM can do this if the program is bumping into a faulty memory address.

These problems can by daunting to find. In my case I thought it was my power supply initially because my 3V line was being pulled down. When I finally received a memory fault in another program, I ran Memtest86, and the bad memory address was found. Replacing the DIMM fixed the problem and the power line returned to a full 3.3V like it should be.

John

cmp

my cmp wont work it 3.3 and it keeps saying this unable to download the server seems to be full try again latter

Firstly, I am going to get you to try what I suggest to everyone else who has the problem: the password-change trick.

To do so, log into your profile and change your password (you can use the same one)

Shane

OK, you will need to go into your profile (click 'Profile' above), then click Edit Account (once you have logged in)

Next to your password (which will be replaced by * characters), there will be an Edit link. Click that and follow the instructions. (you can use the same password)

Once done you may have to clear your download list in Content Manager for the change to take effect.

Shane

Sorry - I'm not understanding your last post. Could you explain what you are attempting to do, and I will try my best to help.

Shane

EDIT: To clear the download queue, you need to click the Clear button on the Download helper part of Content Manager. If it still fails, you may have to send a message to Helpdesk (use the link above)

Back