The Fallen Flags Thread

A Western Pacific GP-40 gets ready to drop cars at the team track.
wpsetout.jpg

It’s 1983 and a pair of Southern SD40’s blow through a crossing with P5’s blaring.

<snip (large screenie)>

A closer look

<snip again, for the same reason>

Notching up to tackle the East end

<snip again>

Entering Point Tunnel

<snip yet again :p>

Off the Mountain, these units will head West to Asheville

<yes, snip :)>

Cool Southern trains. :D :cool: ;)I have still seen old Southern boxcars on the Norfolk Southern Railway (with vandalism/graffiti, of course. Bad old nuts (graffiti artists) who do not care or even give a flip about antique and vintage items! :n: :'( :p :hehe: :hehe:), which runs near us, like on N.C. Route 42 going west towards Fuquay-Varina. Southern boxcars, etc., still get seen on N.S. trains sometimes. ;)

Regards.

Cool Southern trains. :D :cool: ;)I have still seen old Southern boxcars on the Norfolk Southern Railway (with vandalism/graffiti, of course. Bad old nuts (graffiti artists) who do not care or even give a flip about antique and vintage items! :n: :'( :p :hehe: :hehe:), which runs near us, like on N.C. Route 42 going west towards Fuquay-Varina. Southern boxcars, etc., still get seen on N.S. trains sometimes. ;)

Regards.

Sorry for getting back to you so late, but yes, I have seen some old "Giving the Green Light to Innovation" cars on the old Southern main line in Asheville and points South/West. I grew up in Mars Hill (A small town 20 minutes from Asheville), so I know what true Southern rolling-stock looks like.
There used to be (It's since been moved & scrapped I'm afraid) an old Southern "Serves the South" car on the ex. SR mainline on River Rd.
Even up until the day it was hauled away it was untouched by the various thugs and taggers.
Oh well. Continue to enjoy WNC!

Last edited:
That MoPac caboose reminds me of being a kid growing up next to the Mopac line in St. Elmo, IL. It looks great!! :mop:

Jason

Last edited:
Hodwy guys,
Hea mike where did you get those hoppers? I also see a new cabosee! When to be relesed?:udrool:

Chears,
Jackson

Hodwy guys,
Hea mike where did you get those hoppers? I also see a new cabosee! When to be relesed?:udrool:

Chears,
Jackson

The hoppers are my reskins of a RRMods members model to be out i'm guess soon not sure of a date and not sure of a date on the caboose either im srry i know i'm not much help lol

Jeez! I'm always digging this thread up!
What happened here?!? :hehe:

Anyways, I thought it'd be a good time to show these off again.

UP4021_20110314_0000.jpg

UP4021_20110314_0004.jpg

UP4021_20110314_0006.jpg

UP4021_20110314_0007.jpg

If anyone wants them by the way, they will be released sometime very soon... finally

It's only been what... five months since I last said I would? :confused:

Ummm....

Hello.......
Anybody here, or is this going to die like a helpless animal?
Still, anybody......

Last edited:
Back