Union Pacific Screenshots Thread

vulcan, :wave: GREAT SHOT! , Those UP passenger cars look AWESOME! :D
BTW, I just love the stuff on your site :udrool: , I have used some of it, THANK YOU!

mikelj001, AWESOME SHOT my friend!:D

Hook 'em up...
- Deano :wave:

lginc_20100121_0000.jpg

lginc_20100121_0001.jpg

lginc_20100121_0003.jpg

I dig the perspective of your "hook 'em up" shots Deano, the last two in particular. Good eye. Makes you realize how big even "little" locos are.

Thanks lginc,

This thread has some great screenshots. These are some cars I was working on, thought I would drop a screenshot here.

Ian

Oldie, but worth another post:
Screen_298-2.jpg

Im not sure, But I think this won something
Screen_103.jpg

A UP switcher is called in to help un-stick the brake disks of the superliner coach.... this is what happens when you leave stuff lying around on industrial spurs...
Screen_195.jpg

smokey
cheers [cough cough] hehe

Last edited:
School has just started so havent made too much progress.
But heres a pic:
Amtrak waits for the local UP freight train:
hert201001220000.jpg

hert:wave:

First things first...

I seen a new thread started here in the screenshots section of this forum that referenced THIS THREAD, I am a bit troubled by a couple responces to it made by some people that I really respect on this forum, I can only hope that you folks dont think the same about this thread.

My father started model RRing one year before I was born, everyone on my Mom's side of the family worked at Fairbanks-Morse back when they were building train engines, the city I live in had CNW & Milwaukee Road mainlines that ran right through it, I guess what I'm saying is Trains have always been a big part of the 44 years I have been alive.

I have interest in many roads:
CNW, Milwaukee Road, Rio Grande, SP, Illinois Terminal, WC, WSOR, GBW, EJ&E, DM&IR, IC&E, GN, NP, Burlington Route, thats just to name a few, of coarse the UP is my favorite of them all. Am I a huge fan of EVERY road that is or has been? , not hardly, but I have NEVER, and will NEVER cut down another road, to each his own.

I have been modeling & railfanning the UP for more years then some of you have even been alive, through the years I have become a bit of a UP history Buff too, NOT an expert by any means, but I know a good bit about the UP.

I started this thread as a way to show the progress on my UP route based on the line that runs from Proviso Yard in Chicago, to UP's North Chicago service center in Janesville Wisconsin. I also welcomed ANY UP fans to feel free to post THEIR UP shots here if they so like, hey, why not have a place were people with similar likes can join together and share. This thread has ended up being full of GREAT UP shots, some UP facts, reviews on many of the Trainz UP products that have/continue to come out, and just Great comradery.

I know the UP IS NOT for everyone, and thats more then fine, I just feel very Honored and Grateful to those of you have have participated in this thread, really, THANK YOU! Fortunately everyone that has responded to this thread has been very kind, civil, and i cant recall even one childish snide remark being said here, again, THANK YOU!

motorbreath, Thanks for the complement!:)

Ian, WHOLLY SMOKES! , YOU created those UP passenger cars? , WOW, i wish you would release them, they look Fantastic!:udrool:

Andrew, I TOTALLY AGREE, ALL the shots have been Great! :D
The engineer in your 0-6-0 pics can be changed out easily to "Willy the gimp" , he wont clip through the side of the cab, Nice shots though!

NIARTcar, Those have got to be the BEST UP shots you have posted here yet!:udrool:

Hert, NICE SHOT!!:D

Hook 'em up, continued...

After the MP15AC's made up the consist, we now see it being hooked up to the trio of engines that will take the cars to the next stop, and then we see the train heading out to the mainline. (HUGE THANKS to Joe Ramos at RRMods for making the Fantastic Patched Rio Grande skin for me, THANKS JOE!!! )

lginc_20100122_0001.jpg

lginc_20100122_0000.jpg

lginc_20100122_0004.jpg

lginc_20100122_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Hert, GREAT SHOTS of the United Way engine!:D
For the life of me I cant remember who made it, but they really done an AWESOME job on it, that was one of the first engines I downloaded into my game.
BTW, I really like your track work!:D

I havent railfanned this winter, but all last summer the United Way engine was in the Chicago area, I mostly seen it around Carrol Stream :D , I have no idea if its still around here now though.

Last edited:
Metro City Harbor open for Business

More progress shots,
Finally got the Harbor installed and almost done with the track work.
hert201001230000.jpg

Hert, looking GREAT so far, cant wait to start seeing ground cover & more scenery added:D .

Patched Units...

As mentioned before, my route's time line is based from after the mergers till today, during this time frame patched Units on the UP are a common site, though there are just a few left now...but anyways, finding SP patched units for Trainz wasnt to hard, but patched Rio Grande & CNW engines were non-existent:confused: . Thanks to Joe Ramos at RRMods, now my patched engine problems have been solved, THANKS Joe!:D Having the patched units really helps by adding a more realistic look & feel to the route. Up until last year, there were MANY patched units in my area, but over the last year most all of them have since been repainted in UP colors.

Pics below show my two NEW patched units, CNW GP50 & Rio Grande GP40:udrool: , and the first pic shows a UP GP50 on the point with a trio of patched engines behind it.

lginc_20100123_0000.jpg

lginc_20100123_0003.jpg

lginc_20100123_0002.jpg

As mentioned before, my route's time line is based from after the mergers till today, during this time frame patched Units on the UP are a common site, though there are just a few left now...but anyways, finding SP patched units for Trainz wasnt to hard, but patched Rio Grande & CNW engines were non-existent:confused: . Thanks to Joe Ramos at RRMods, now my patched engine problems have been solved, THANKS Joe!:D Having the patched units really helps by adding a more realistic look & feel to the route. Up until last year, there were MANY patched units in my area, but over the last year most all of them have since been repainted in UP colors.

Patched units are a rare sight, however, I am lucky enought to see a patched SP unit everyday. You see, we have a switching lash up of two units for UP at our yard here in Tracy CA, one of them being an ex Sp patch, which still displays its proud colors and Southern Pacific decals!

I like the Patched units gives it a even more real look, 1/4 away from me is the NEC and local NS GP38 they had the Conrail colors on it for like 2 years with the NS under the number.

Great shots, But I think 3 of your shots are the same Kon.
Now more Seaport progress:
hert201001240003.jpg

hert201001240002.jpg

NIARTcar, Thanks for passing on the info on the patched SP, Glad to know there still is at least one around :D , like I mentioned, all the locals in my area have all been painted now.

Andrew, THANKS! :)
Hert is right, three of your pics are the same shot...:eek:

Hert, your Seaport area is looking Great! :D , Glad to see the progress shots! (hey Hert, while holding control, hit the H key, that will make your junction markings go away in Driver mode, that bit of info was passed on to me by motorbreath;) )

NEW AREA...

I've been working on a new area, this section is based on the areas around Janesville & Milton WI, track is shared by the UP & WSOR in a few spots, and they cross over each other in a few spots there. In the first two pics I just have UP engines showing, but future shots will have WSOR included in this area:D .

The last pic is just one of the outskirts of Chicago that I had taken but havent posted...till now.

lginc_20100124_0001.jpg

lginc_20100124_0020.jpg

lginc_20100123_0024.jpg

Back