GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

G'day yojimbo,

...that's an interesting opening statement but a Google search doesn't do it justice (I used a translator to translate it)...

...Jerker, I thought you might like an opportunity to have a look at the tower as well...

...thank you, that is much appreciated. It is a real shame to see such great workmanship (the original builder's, in this case) being left to deteriorate to such a state (there is no pride in workmanship, these days) but we are lucky, here (in Trainz) to have the likes of you and I (and a few others) prepared to make the effort to bring such workmanship "back to life"...

...and yes, it is "regrettable" that the great majority of the 'assets' we see being created in these pages have their 'origin' in only one of MANY countries that have/had railway systems (and that isn't the country that 'invented' them)...

...incidentally, I believe we have a few of those "MY" units (imported from Holland, I think) 'running around' the place on 'our shores' these days...

Jerker {:)}

Last edited:
G'day yojimbo,

...that's an interesting opening statement but a Google search doesn't do it justice (I used a translator to translate it)...

...thank you, that is much appreciated. It is a real shame to see such great workmanship (the original builder's, in this case) being left to deteriorate to such a state (there is no pride in workmanship, these days) but we are lucky, here (in Trainz) to have the likes of you and I (and a few others) prepared to make the effort to bring such workmanship "back to life"...

...and yes, it is "regrettable" that the great majority of the 'assets' we see being created in these pages have their 'origin' in only one of MANY countries that have/had railway systems (and that isn't the country that 'invented' them)...

...incidentally, I believe we have a few of those "MY" units (imported from Holland, I think) 'running around' the place on 'our shores' these days...

Jerker {:)}

The MYs are probably Belgian, but I will not exclude the possibility of some of the Danish "Round noses" going South as well - they are a popular breed. You already have got some of our MZ IIIs down your end as well.
As for the building; you are right, it seems that the powers that be only focus on function and don't give a damn about the cultural value of a architectural pearl like this one.

Last edited:
dl535e_by_trainboi-d7i50zm.png

Working on the DL535E's snow mesh.

Great work as always, Opus. I gotta say, you certainly make the freight cars grab our attention.:hehe: Keep up the good work, I'm now having trouble caring about my new engine because that render is some grand eye candy.

Thanks for the roses Jerker. And to answer your question: apparantly not - and I might venture as far as adding "American" to your question.
'Oy, 'oy! Not true. I just...sometimes when things are too perfect you kinda can't find the words for them, y'know? I've had waaaaay too many times when that happens to me, and usually it happens when I see a master route or scenery builder such as yourself, or, say, Epo. There's just...nothing to say. The fact that rolling stock can be and often is improved over the course of the model's life is a reason to comment-encourage them to keep going and get better. But what happens when your tower hits the ceiling? I'm just...I can't. It is indeed true that the scenery builders' praises are not sung often enough, and I for one am sorry at that. All I can say is that I'm a little bit jealous at how well you do it.;)

*And PS I know this is a ton of incomprehensible dribble. To see why, reference sentence 3. XD
**And PPS I do love world railways, the main pity is that European routes tend to be kind of a PITA in terms of dependencies, and I kinda don't have the skill set to make my own. So I do the best I can and tend to run wherever in the world my mood takes me-which as often as not are the two giants of the US and UK, mainly because I'm still downloading dependencies for the VR Healesville lines and the Tasmanian Fingal line, and...well...unpacking a .rar of a European-themed model layout, because I'm hoping it won't have quite so many unknowns as the full-size ones.

Last edited:
Well, what I am wondering about is this: where are the European 3D builders in general? There used to be many, but as of now, well......

And I DO do rolling stock too :p

703637_4823061901906_490753477_o.jpg

Our Australian friends should know this one.

I do understand your frustration about missing dependencies, but to understand this you have to know what happened in European Trainz between TRS2006 and the TC series. A lot of talented creators left and started to offer their creations on their own websites. This obviously affects routes containing such items, which are made available on DLS in a negative way and it is a sad consequence of failed communications between distributors and creators.

BUT, I personally do not care, I build for the sheer satisfaction inherent in the creative process. Some items might end up in-game others are intended for a Step4 or a 3D printer.

'Oy, 'oy! Not true. I just...sometimes when things are too perfect you kinda can't find the words for them, y'know? I've had waaaaay too many times when that happens to me, and usually it happens when I see a master route or scenery builder such as yourself, or, say, Epo. There's just...nothing to say. The fact that rolling stock can be and often is improved over the course of the model's life is a reason to comment-encourage them to keep going and get better. But what happens when your tower hits the ceiling? I'm just...I can't. It is indeed true that the scenery builders' praises are not sung often enough, and I for one am sorry at that. All I can say is that I'm a little bit jealous at how well you do it.;)

*And PS I know this is a ton of incomprehensible dribble. To see why, reference sentence 3. XD
**And PPS I do love world railways, the main pity is that European routes tend to be kind of a PITA in terms of dependencies, and I kinda don't have the skill set to make my own. So I do the best I can and tend to run wherever in the world my mood takes me-which as often as not are the two giants of the US and UK, mainly because I'm still downloading dependencies for the VR Healesville lines and the Tasmanian Fingal line, and...well...unpacking a .rar of a European-themed model layout, because I'm hoping it won't have quite so many unknowns as the full-size ones.

Last edited:
Aaaand you do buildings slightly better than locos. The principle is proven: nobody comments on the better-quality buildings but Simulatortrain immediately comments on yer loco. XD It is still good by all means, just doesn't look quite so realistic as your buildings. I don't really know why, but it seems the case to me. Though I gotta say, I really like the 3D printing idea...I would definitely like to see real-life models of those depots-and this loco.

Oh, also, there's a very basic reason why people are more likely to comment on a loco or train car: we're all railfans here! :p

Last edited:
Some nice 50's or 60's bus, I don't recognize it specifically but it actually looks like a PCC converted to road use. XD I'm guessing something Canadian, probably from Toronto from the build plate.

...and railfanning does not involve infrastructure :p As for the locomotive - a DSB Litra Mz series III in its final configuration before being sold off to Australia - it is completely unskinned.

This one is partly skinned
329513_315938981781940_1839582951_o.jpg

...and railfanning does not involve infrastructure :p As for the locomotive - a DSB Litra Mz series III in its final configuration before being sold off to Australia - it is completely unskinned.

Dear Jorgen,
as I remember, there ware some good old German stuff, made by yojimbo.
Do You remember the Class BR36, BR78, Hechtwagen and all the others?

Back