GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Hey all,

The 1850's Hobson's Bay 6 Ton Timber I Wagon pretty much almost done, some minor problems with the lower door inside bolts and need to detached and reattached then re-baked.

image1_zps9b9faf11.png~original

image2_zps98630762.png~original

image3_zpsbbbeb519.png~original

As the Hobson's Bay Railway Company wasn't part of the VR till around late 1860s early 1870s I'm guessing the numbering was 1 through to how many where built and after being taken over by the VR they where renumbered to the 2000 block range and fitted with the VR axle boxes (1894 Diagram), the 1904 Diagram shows 5 left in service.

This wagon represents it between 1850 through to 1860s before VR take over, I also have the Axle boxes wrong as they would of used the English Imported ones (got no drawings and will have to hunt for some 1840s/50s English Photos to get an idea how they where built), the type on the renders is the VR Built ones.

Cheers.

So I have been out of commission for a while, my computer was toasted. Now Im back up and running. I have been busy modelling alot lately so I have several screenshots to share.

First of all is the Herot Pub. This is my tribute to Dave Drake and all the great work Dave did for trainz. I dont rember the poly count. Its not a bad count but it is alot more then the original so this is the kind of thing you would want to put very close to the tracks. There are 3 LOD meshes and each mesh uses the same 2048x2048 art file. I just need to test it and make sure everything is still working and its ready for release. The lowest LOD mesh is just 5 sides as so its very friendly to frame rates.

4qKUSZU.jpg

Next up is another Dave Drake inspired creation. This is the widget works but I did a few architectural changes from the original. Dave's was an abandoned factory and mine is of one in use. Also I chose not to add the smoke stack as I think Ill do it as a separate asset.

5Vbp3Xh.png

2bUiJB7.png

In this one you can see that only two sides of the building were modeled and then duplicated. This is a trick Dave used alot so that the texture for the two sides can be of a higher quality. I like this idea as most of the time only two sides are visible from the tracks anyway. The roof has not yet been modeled.

r7L3qCj.png

After the roof is done then Ill need to do some lower level LOD's. I plan to do 3 in all like with the pub.

Heres a couple of sceenshots of a position light signal. There are once again three LOD meshed and one 2048x2048 UV map. Im having problems getting this one to work right. I have one that shows a diverge left and another diverge right but they cant seem to remember which is right and which is left. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't. This is the first time I have made a signal so Im stumped as to how to fix it. If there is anyone out there that would like to test it send me an email. I would appreciate the help figuring this out. The mesh assets are all done I just need to figure out how to get the config right I think.

EZD9a4Q.png
AYJMYaa.png

By the way all the above screenshots are from the trainz mesh explorer and not from Blender. So what you see here is what you would see in the game.

Lastly Im redoing the U30C I made years ago. This is the state the model was in when my computer crashed. I have not yet picked it up again as I wanted to do a couple of these other projects to get my Blender skills back in full tilt before going back to this bad boy. However in my opinion its almost ready to start uv unwrapping. I dont do as many poly's as other creators because I like to run them as much as modeling them and I prefer a lower poly count, but I think she still looks good. The details at the end of the long hood are not detailed right now there just blocks and I want to do some detail work there. Also last time I released a u30c I never did the trucks cuz I got lazy. As you can see this one will have custom trucks. This however is a Blender render as you cant do any test trainz exports until you have it UV mapped.

rAX8unn.png

So let me know what you think guys.

Hal

dl535e_by_trainboi-d7hv2tc.png

Great fun in the form of an ALCo. I don't care that Whitepass would've likely got to these anyway, they're too cool to resist.

Not exactly, if you go by manufacturer:
The one you're modeling is the DL-535E and was made by Montreal Locomotive Works in 1969 and 1971. Meanwhile, the one I posted is also called DL-535E, but informally called a DL-535EW, given its wide cab, and was built by Bombardier in 1982.

But it's the same class of loco. That's what I said. The 57xx class was built at Swindon, Whitworth, Bagnall, Beyer Peacock, Kerr Stuart, North British and Yorkshire works, but they're all the same class. The Union Pacific C-2 was built by Brooks, Baldwin and Alco, but they're all C-2s. The builder doesn't affect the class. The important thing is that the motor, equipment, radiators, etc. are the same. The only difference is the trucks and cab, and these are not unknown to change within one class of loco.

Well, I guess I should have said that the addition of the wide cab to the uber-large snowplow makes it more beefy on the front.

Hehe, those ones are pretty nice. I got to see a *slightly larger* SG one in Portola recently. Great fun to watch puttin' around.

G'day yojimbo,

...posted earlier by yojimbo...

.."......"...

...which is superb work, indeed! Is there no one else, here, who appreciates great work on a model perfectly replicating the original if it isn't a locomotive or piece of rolling stock?...

...shame on you all...

Jerker {:)}

Thanks for the roses Jerker. And to answer your question: apparantly not - and I might venture as far as adding "American" to your question.

Men det skal ikke formørke vores ellers lyse sind (google it)

1498793_10203408876970094_523251363374941192_o.jpg

Jerker, I thought you might like an opportunity to have a look at the tower as well ;)

And this is how it ended up looking. Rather dishevelled and laid off...

35185ASN_1923_net.jpg

Back