GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Hi guys,

Never thought a few words of dutch would stirr such a commotion. :hehe:
The biggest joke of course in all this is Ok_liW is from the netherlands as well...

I agree with Boobless_ed, trainzroxthehouse and martinvk wholeheartedly and as long we don't have a video conferencing forum here where you can make your point by hands, feet or other gestures, language will have to do. Any language that is.:)

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

It does not matter what country you come from. Anybody can post where they like on these forums. To me on here there is only one language.

Everybody knows it's the language of TRAINZ.

I was replying here because in de Dutch part of this forum the screen was not already posted, so I reply here in dutch, because it was hard to explain the colour problem in English. Look at the date of the post from Jananton here and the date of the post in de Dutch part of this forum.

Enough English?:p

Greetings Edwin.

Moatte wy it oars yn it Frysk dwaan? Miskien binne der hjirre ek wol minsken dy dat lêze kinne?

(Maybe we have to do it in Frisian? Maybe there are some people here who can read it?)

FokkeB

Thanks for all the compliments. I wasn't expecting that much discussion that included my work.

I am aware of what gmax and 3ds max calls a polygon when working on the mesh is actually 2 polygons each. Those are what they refer to as faces. But the poly the counter in gmax or 3ds still counts each face as 1 poly. So if you want to call them polys or faces there is still a count of over 90k.;)

Bill

Allow me to correct you on the last statement: if you work with editable polys rather than editable meshes you will notice that the built-in counter counts each polygon as one single entity regardless of the number of faces used in building its shape. Same goes for editable splines and the like.
In order to get the correct count you have to convert all to editable mesh format (and use the regular counter) or use the plugin poly counter.

That aside; your model looks awesome - fugly in the best US design tradition, but that does not affect the quality of your work. Not at all. I am looking forward to see the final version.

@fokkevfr: Måske skal vi gøre det på dansk? Kan ske der er nogle folk her, som kan læse det.:p

Last edited:
@fokkevfr: Måske skal vi gøre det på dansk? Kan ske der er nogle folk her, som kan læse det.:p

Hoi Yojimbo

We're not total strangers to each other: correct me if I'm wrong, but for 700-900 years ago the whole Northsea coast (from France to Danmark) were only Frisians living. The language for example is not that different...

FokkeB

I was replying here because in de Dutch part of this forum the screen was not already posted, so I reply here in dutch, because it was hard to explain the colour problem in English. Look at the date of the post from Jananton here and the date of the post in de Dutch part of this forum.

Enough English?:p

Greetings Edwin.

Hallo, kunt u gebruik maken van Google om uw Vertaler Nederlands vertalen naar het Engels.

Een mooie dag verder!

James
http://translate.google.com/#en|nl|

By what you have said, I should probably only ever post in the Australian threads. Oh wait. I live in Scotland now. So I guess I should only talk and post in UK based threads... Think about what you say. If you can't read something, don't worry. These forums are open to the whole world, and everyone in the world is welcome to post in whatever language they can speak. Telling people to go back to their place - so to speak - is just plain racism. Sorry.

You're so narrow minded my friend. Racism ..... you prolly have heard it somewhere but doesn't quite understand what it means huh.
BTW you're forgiven but please .......... stay overseas.

*edit*
BTW2 Jan an impressive impression of this Dutch loco. I'm looking forward to see your next stage.

Ok_liW

Last edited:
Maybe we have to do it in Frisian? Maybe there are some people here who can read it?)
hehehehe it's all double dutch to me:hehe: and I was born in Holland

Last edited:
Oh well, this thread has far too long gone on about dutch, and all kind of other, not allways friendly, reactions, so lets get on with some pictures.

These are some colour tests for the NS DE 2400 as it was delivered in 1954 (all blender, no uv-mapping yet)

NS_DE2400_mat2.jpg

And, if I may say so myself, a good reconstruction of the NS logo from 1954

NS_DE2400_mat2_front.jpg

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Still impressive Jan.
Reactions friendly or not ......... the best mouthshutter is showing pictures.

Greetings from a nightly Schiphol airport

Back