PRR Screenshots

I have merged all my DEM's from Harrisburg/Enola to Conway (14 baseboards wide, 7 baseboards wide on each side of the tracks), which is 1.09GB ... I runs in TRS2006, and TS12, on my ol' Toshiba Satellite 105 integrated graphics laptop (just blank gray baseboards, with track, signals, switch's only) ... I have gotten from Mount Union to Johnstown, and as far as Latrobe laying curves, and as soon as I get track laid past Pitcairn classification hump yard ... I will work backwards laying curves from Mount Union, till I get to Enola/Harrisburg ... then I will grade the whole thing

I have just about given up on the 7 separate iPortal routes plan, as it is way too complicated, requiring the configuration or 64 iPortals

Harrsiburg/Enola to Pitcairn is a real terminal to terminal classification hump yard route ... as Altoona was just a weighing station and break down classification yard, and Johnstown was just a pickup/set out yard.

Pitcairn classification hump yard was built before Enola was constructed, and way before Conway ... and was at one time was the largest classification hump yard

The route will never save as a CDP, nor upload to the DLS, as it is way too large, past 500MB, and will require sending six files: $Screenshot.jpg$, Config, GND, OBS, BMK, TRK ...and will require that a TRS2006/TS12 converted route will need it be installed via: "Import Content" from a folder, or a zip file

Pitcairn.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some PRR Boxcars in trainz simulator ipad

They were on iPad Trainz12Guy

Let me post some photos of those PRR Boxcars on Trainz Simulator 2 Instead

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it necessary to add 4 new posts here to say that? Nope. And yeah Trainz_fan, those boxcars just look like... :confused:

^ PRR NEC V3 HD coming soon lol

Last edited:
@rundy69 don't put 4 posts within 3-9 minutes or however fast you put those. But that is my opinion. Since the Ipad and other smaller versions of Trainz have become less popular, and versions like TS12, T:ANE, and TMR17, those are mainly being focused on because people have been mainly using those 3 versions. I have TS12 & T:ANE but T:ANE takes a major dump when I run it on my pc. But TS12 runs like a charm.

@flusi737 what...is...that...content...you...are...using!?!?
45ffa665296e1400cf40fea61b33a228.jpg

Last edited:
That is in the cut just before the 24th st bridge, just west of SLOPE, where EB freights apply and test brakes, so as to assure that runaways do not come into Altoona too fast ... awesome shot

That is in the cut just before the 24th st bridge, just west of SLOPE, where EB freights apply and test brakes, so as to assure that runaways do not come into Altoona too fast ... awesome shot
It's amazing how much different that spot looks today, at least as far as the vegetation goes. At the time of that pic, the foliage must've started to grow back after decades of steam ash suffocating the trees.

That cut area, and all over the Altoona area, are almost vertical cuts of loose shale, and will never support any vegetation growth besides weeds ... steam locomotive ash and cinders would never amount to much more than a scatter coating, and would run off in rainstorms ... the entire Altoona Johnstown areas are really eroded, having poor or no topsoil left, as all of Pennsylvania was at one time or another completely clearcut ... most of the trees on the hillsides are scrubby scrawny diseased trees, full of stickerbush, with copperheads and timber rattlers

Your constant flow of posts in SCREENSHOT TOPICS - that for at least 50% of the time dont even fit to the original topic or contain a screenie - are a good example for a waste of bandwith too. :eek:

Oh and drchoi, nice one ;)

Last edited:
Back