ugly trains

4371501734_6cfea56e4c.jpg

:eek: Oh look.... another model with a heading EMD :eek: Wow, thats very different.....

I actually really like that train it's pretty darn awesome. By the way I have pulled out of the train war seeing as I fed up with arguing

Uracco;)

GE U30C

EMD GP30 and SD45

Fairbanks morse

Alco RS3

Now for cab units. In order: Alco, Baldwin, EMD, Fairbanks Morse

Now that is what I call some variety.

As for beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder. I have to say that your Class 08 and Deltics are pretty cool, just because of their utilitarian design, but really, I find that most of the UK stuff, look pretty lame. Personally, I prefer my locomotives to look more industrial, and to run well, rather look pretty. The UK stuff just looks like it is a pain to run due to the low visibility.

But that is just me. I am a switcher guy. Hell, my favorite running revenue locos right now are the R&N's SW8 pups. That and anything that doesn't have a stupid fathead. (MLW M420 being the exception.) I also love seeing mile long coal trains snaking through the mountains.

Really, it is just my personal preference. I love German stuff. I love New Zealand stuff(minus their crummy new Chinese locos). And I absolutely love USA stuff. It is just what appeals to me. I also don't like chain and bumper couplers. It just seems like a really poor way to run a railroad. How do you kick cars around?

Also, passenger stuff is pretty boring.

Not to restart the argument, but You forgot:

U50-C
C40-8
8,500 HP Gas Electric Turbine
U-25C
SD40-2 "Snoot Nose"

I just had to point that out.

Supprised they didn't have to chop bits off to meet our loading guage.

:hehe:

Andy

I was just thinking about that. I bet the ones the Alaska RR got were small next to some of the other stuff they had. I guess I've never seen one next to a more typical design. They're unique engines.

It's not exactly American, but it is American built. They were built specifically for Britain by Lima Locomitive Works to be used by the US Transportation Corps (part of US army) to help with the war effort (WWII).

I actually really like that train it's pretty darn awesome. By the way I have pulled out of the train war seeing as I fed up with arguing

Uracco;)
Its not meant to be an ugly loco example, but rather another example of EMD changing its' design and construction

cheers

Finnish VR Group's new "green" livery for Sr1 electric locomotive:
2a3cb45841f1d222601778e38fa2667e.jpg

http://www.vaunut.org/kuva/68128?s=2
It's so awful pale. They should put some dark colors around the windshield to make it look better. It really blends into snow covered scenery. Also in my option the Dr16 diesel electric beyond that Sr1 is too pale.

Last edited:
Why should it be locked. A lot of people like to see what is ugly. This thread has a lot of differing opinions of what is ugly and what is not. If you don't like the thread don't read it.

Imagine the health and safety of today having a purple fit at the unguarded prop.
A relation of Betty Doant, Probably Woant.

Why should it be locked. A lot of people like to see what is ugly. This thread has a lot of differing opinions of what is ugly and what is not. If you don't like the thread don't read it.

Hear Hear, put it to the misery guts.

My idea of ugly trains :hehe:
virgin-pendolino-train.jpg

Pendolinos are horrible.

uuuuuuuuuuugly

I'd be surprised if nobody posted this beastly thing yet.

old-railroads-023b.jpg

Lovely. :n:

EDIT: Oh, and looky what I just found!
45271585.jpg

I dunno. I kinda like this one, just 'cause of how different it is.

Last edited:
Back