ugly trains

You can find more information on the 1930 Kruckenberg "Schienenzeppelin" here. Personally I don't find it ugly but it was certainly impractical.

That is what happens when an inventor gets high, and creates a wierd steam locomotive.... looks like a toy. And regarding the electric... That's what happens when a catapillar has sex with a London underground train...

BLW Centipede, The N&W's steam Turbine, And the early camelbacks. I think that bullet train looks cool I have never seen a train like that.

This is wierd.....
Oh god, wish it didn't embed the image in the text box....

but yeah, I really do not know what that is supposed to be. I know it isn't a reading crusader...
jnr_c53_43_1.jpg

This is wierd.....
Oh god, wish it didn't embed the image in the text box....

but yeah, I really do not know what that is supposed to be. I know it isn't a reading crusader...
jnr_c53_43_1.jpg

I just got a strange sense of Deju vu, I'm sure I've had this exact conversation about this exact photo with someone before....

Anyway, the filename gives it away, it's a JNR (Japanese) C53 class:

http://www.skyrocket.de/locomotive/data/jnr_c53.htm

They even use the same photo :)

Sadly, I cannot see it... can you point out where it is please?

EDIT: Oh now I see it. It looks cute.

Last edited:
Just to get us rolling again.

I don't think it's that ugly, but something about it irks me.
CityRailS.jpg

Could be the extremely low, platform-level windows or the large forehead effect above the cab...

Last edited:
I don't know prre6, British trains were my first love (probably had something to do with Thomas and Friends) :p
This looks like it has a saddle tank. It reminds me of a whale.
watrtube.jpg

I dub thee Moby Dick.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D To be fair though, it IS a true statement!

Fred

Thats antidisestablishtarianism for you. Now go and spell COLOUR. Fit yyour TYRE. Shut yourself in the CUBOARD. Shut your LOFT door to stop the ghosties comming down. Don't go in your CELLER its dark. Put your date is the 23rd of march, not the 3rd of a non-existant month there are only 12 not 23, and how can a road also have rails and trams don't run on em.... its a RAILWAY??????????

I don't think those fat desiels (even though most have the dame power rating as our slimmer locos) would fit on our loading gauge, and they used to say a nation starts to look like its trains.

Differances can be bliss thank god we have em

:hehe:

Andy

Last edited:
Back