ugly trains

(even though most have the same power rating as our slimmer locos)

Yeaaaaaa no.

Here in New Zealand we have about the same loading gauge as britain and have had the opportunity to run both british & american built power - 50 years later American built power is the majority of our fleet. Now i don't care about looks but performance is important - in this case american builders win out by a long shot.

A 3rd party view of the situation...

William:)

Lets not start a mine is better than yours war. Keep it friendly otherwise this thread may be locked. Stick to photo's please.

Yeaaaaaa no.

Here in New Zealand we have about the same loading gauge as britain and have had the opportunity to run both british & american built power - 50 years later American built power is the majority of our fleet. Now i don't care about looks but performance is important - in this case american builders win out by a long shot.

But is not the rolling stock from the UK

...someone needs to put a text wrapping feature on the reply boxes.... ugh.
This definitely reeks of fail...

ugly1,%20_The%20Jianghe%20Coal%20Railway,%20China.jpg

Last edited:
Ew.

Looks like it's falling apart! I'm guessing by the driver that it's still running?

I really don't think there are any truly ugly trains, just strange-looking ones. This loco isn't ugly, but it looks like whoever painted this one was trying to imitate Disney paint schemes.
james_town_train.jpg

THEY FAILED.

Eh, it's that "modern" look. Either you love it or hate it.
I like their designs, but the second one's paint scheme is too...colorful.

These are strange, not ugly.
9920176.jpg

458362599_bf5f65666b.jpg

That cover over the pantograph looks like a turret, but I kinda like the covered wheels.

lol, just look at this. I remember it bieng on the news...
Never try creating a train whilst drunk. it would end up like this....
Note the beer crate near the chair...:hehe:
DIY-train-Germany.jpg

Just found another one...
530379787_f12abd803f.jpg

hang on, someone sticky this and rename the topic to Ugly/Funny trains

Last edited:
Looks like it's falling apart! I'm guessing by the driver that it's still running?

I really don't think there are any truly ugly trains, just strange-looking ones. This loco isn't ugly, but it looks like whoever painted this one was trying to imitate Disney paint schemes.
james_town_train.jpg

THEY FAILED.

WTF:eek:

EPIC FAIL:hehe:

[LEFT said:
Rugrat[/left];768997]
Yeaaaaaa
no.

Here in New Zealand we have about the same loading gauge as
britain
and have had the opportunity to run both
british
&
american
built power - 50 years later American built power is the majority of our fleet. Now i don't care about looks but performance is important - in this case
american
builders win out by a long shot.

Btw you have the
European loading gauge 4m between track centres rather than 3.5 and you don't seem to have any English locos mainly coz
we don't make them anymore....... Most of our locos are now made in Canada *sigh*, and the import costs would be much lower transporting just over the Pacific rather than the Atlantic - Panama Canal - Pacific - New Zealand

Woops should have turned spell check off before posting lol

Last edited:
This looks like an iron gone horribly wrong...

Nankai_Rapit_at_Namba.jpg

Oh wait, it is the same one as the one in post 637.... but at a different angle...

Last edited:
Oh god, found another one...

2432634301_5ba671522b.jpg

Wait, that is a road train. Still looks ugly....
EDIT: actually, looks like his face has been bummed several times... Sorry for my childishness...

Last edited:
Back