Plagerised route now on the DLS

steviez

retired railwayman
In the last few days a route called GB UK Bradford [FONT=&quot]<KUID:81905:100004>[/FONT] has appreared on the DLS. This is a direct copy as far as I can see of a work by Thunderhawk1 from 2013 which is still on the DLS and is for the same version (TS12) I can see nowhere in the config of the original routte where permission is given to upload etc the route again. Can this be removed please?

There are a lot (hundreds??) of new assets (mostly locomotives) reskinned and uploaded by a user with the name of "Gramma." Sometimes credit is given the original creator sometimes not.

There are a lot (hundreds??) of new assets (mostly locomotives) reskinned and uploaded by a user with the name of "Gramma." Sometimes credit is given the original creator sometimes not.
Gramma is an interesting character to say the least…(if you know what I mean)

This is a direct copy as far as I can see of a work by Thunderhawk1 from 2013

Normally, the best course of action is to contact the original creator to inform them of the (possible) breach of copyright. They are the only ones who can confirm or deny the breach.

In this case it could be difficult because my search for user "thunderhawk1" came up with an "invalid user" in one case and "unregistered user" in another. The name appears in the user list at MyTrainz but he/she does not have a profile so is unregistered. This, of course, does not make it OK to copy their work without permission.

I know who "Gramma" is (Look up "The Minecraft Conrail" on YouTube for those who don't know) and he has been getting into copying more stuff that use SPORBUST meshes (Dash 9 and SD70M/SD75) lately. The only good thing he did with the stolen sporbust Dash 9 bogeys is that he added <kuid2:804089:102869:1> GE Traction Motor Sounds (by barisbeer) which came to DLS recently. I'm not praising him however because he does more harm than good with stolen content and low-quality reskins. Gramma even made consists with my reskins in them, but I don't really care.

Pware, Thunderhawk did some good routes etc along with Captain Scarlet of Sheffield to Leeds Bradford and Shipley areas. He was certainly a registered member etc back quite a long way ago I used to talk to him regularly. but like a lot of other things people move on (as did Captain Scarlet)

Strange one this, other than the GB UK Bradford route nothing else was coming up for thunderhawk1 in Manage Content, however searching #227118, his user number found 118 assets. Seems manage content needed a kick here!

So tried the same here: https://www.auran.com/planetauran/com_search.php

Gave this

search.jpg
1.thunderhawk1
So he is genuine.

I would guess the clone was an attempt to replace the missing assets not on the DLS in original, not very successfully I might add.
Had a look at both routes, they both look terrible in TRS19 I'm afraid, not sure what's missing or what wasn't done, has the look of a possible WIP that never got finished?

Last edited:
I found the same but any attempt to access his profile gave an error message along the lines of being an unregistered user.

I just got this:

Username:
thunderhawk1
Profile Hits:1101
Current Location:Unknown
Name:Graham Burnley
Date Joined:27th August 2005
Last Updated:10th November 2006
Trainz User ID:227118

Apparently, you guys blew the dirt off of the disk platters because I was able to get this fine from the profile link provided.

Apparently, you guys blew the dirt off of the disk platters because I was able to get this fine from the profile link provided.

Either that or it was saying that I was the "unregistered user":D

I was attempting to see his forum posting history to determine if he was still active and when he last posted. That search came up empty (it still does so it seems he has never posted) so I next tried to see his profile and that was when I got the unregistered user result.

Either that or it was saying that I was the "unregistered user":D

I was attempting to see his forum posting history to determine if he was still active and when he last posted. That search came up empty (it still does so it seems he has never posted) so I next tried to see his profile and that was when I got the unregistered user result.

That could very well be.

Back