DLS route plus session.

Ghost42

I want to upload a route whereby the session needs to be part and parcel of it.
Merging route and session does not keep the session settings intact as far as I know.
Adding the session kuid to the config of the route is the only way I know but is there an alternative?

Yes, upload the route first, then upload the session anytime after that. Make an announcement in Freeware Announcements and list the session and mention it is an integral part of the route and mention why that is. In my case I used Driver Speed Rule to control the variable speed limits and made a Base Session then used that to make the other sessions. You can also make reference to the need to download the session in "Edit Route" menu item and give it a nice thumbnail while you are there.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Yes, upload the route first, then upload the session anytime after that. Make an announcement in Freeware Announcements and list the session and mention it is an integral part of the route and mention why that is. In my case I used Driver Speed Rule to control the variable speed limits and made a Base Session then used that to make the other sessions. You can also make reference to the need to download the session in "Edit Route" menu item and give it a nice thumbnail while you are there.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I have written up an explanation and your suggestions are just what I need.
This is to do with 'Industry Link'.
I shall redo it in Tane for more 'customers' if they are interested. :)

HI,
It also helps if the session name refers to the route!

It would be very useful if N3V (and Auran) could have linked sessions and routes in the database...

Colin

Back