Does the DTG game have more content than Trainz

d_doll01

Banned
I keep searching for locomotives in Trainz but get results for DTG's simulator if that locomotive doesn't exist in Trainz, which happens often. Does That mean that DTG's game has more content than Trainz?

I keep searching for locomotives in Trainz but get results for DTG's simulator if that locomotive doesn't exist in Trainz, which happens often. Does That mean that DTG's game has more content than Trainz?

Very unlikely there are close to 600,000 free assets on the DLS and probably a hundred thousand in payware and on other sites.

It could be the particular locos you'd like to see are not available Trainz or they are around but under a different name.

Cheerio John

No, not by a long shot. Openrails/MSTS probably comes closest to the amount of content as Trainz, but simply because its had a LONG life. They also do that sceazy thing of titling all their products "Train Simulator" so its more likely to pop up in a google search than anything else.

Last edited:
I keep searching for locomotives in Trainz but get results for DTG's simulator ...
What does that mean? Are you searching in the DLS and getting DTG results???
Or is this a Google search?
Does Google see the contents of the DLS? or of all the 3rd party sites with Trainz content?

Google has no idea what is on the DLS as it has no connection to it, Trainz store and third party sites are bot crawled.

I do know that certain German routes are not available for Trainz such as Frankfurt–Karlsruhe and Cologne-Aachen (TSW2). I just hope one day, there will be a Trainz route covering the Frankfurt-Colonge high speed line and have the Frankfurt Airport included. I did make a thread about it here a while back, but got no response to that.

Also, I know about the British ECML, we already have the 1970s era version, but DTG and MSTS/Open Rails both have the modern electrified version of that route.

Last edited:
I do know that certain German routes are not available for Trainz such as Frankfurt–Karlsruhe and Cologne-Aachen (TSW2). I just hope one day, there will be a Trainz route covering the Frankfurt-Colonge high speed line and have the Frankfurt Airport included. I did make a thread about it here a while back, but got no response to that.

Also, I know about the British ECML, we already have the 1970s era version, but DTG and MSTS/Open Rails both have the modern electrified version of that route.

You have to remember that Trainz is a community-oriented program. The company rarely if ever makes any assets including routes, and it's up to the content-creators to publish their works. The current ECML was the result of many years building, which goes to show the kind of time and effort is required to build a route since it's done on the route-builder's own time including when it's worked on collaboratively as was the case with ECML. If N3V had a staff of graphic artists and content-creators, they could then use that team to build routes at their request, and even hold polls to find out what the community wants, but given the real world we're in, we have to deal with the whims of the community and kindness of their hearts to share or sell their wares.

Adding on to JCtron, even then you could just do some bulk asset replacements and you have a basically updated version, just add or delete some things here and there you're done. Good luck with that in DTG!

Adding on to JCtron, even then you could just do some bulk asset replacements and you have a basically updated version, just add or delete some things here and there you're done. Good luck with that in DTG!

Never forget to double check that everything looks okay, especially with textures clipping and track splines having a seizure

It seems like Google is showing very few results for Trainz when I search for something that's in the game, in favor of the other simulator which is owned by DTG who's CEO is an ex EA employee. EA is well known for their greed.

You are being too specific?

A simple search of Trainz content brings up plenty of websites.

It seems like Google is showing very few results for Trainz when I search for something that's in the game,
I know there is a saying going round that "Google knows" but that's not literally true in all cases. If the Google bot has no access to places like the DLS, it will not be able to report on all of the thousands of objects in there. Only stuff on third party sites and then only if they are identified as being a Trainz objects.
Why don't you search the DLS directly instead of relying on Google?
... the other simulator which is owned by DTG who's CEO is an ex EA employee. EA is well known for their greed.
Not sure what the "greed" factor has to do with Google finding something.

You are being too specific?

A simple search of Trainz content brings up plenty of websites.

I used the TrainzKuidIndex and I got better results. For Example: I searched for a Trainz Chme 2 on Google and this was the first result: [URL="http://www.trainsimmods.com/chme2-locomotive/"]
[h=3]CHME2 Locomotive - Train Simulator Addon / Mod[/h]http://www.trainsimmods.com › chme2-locomotive

Jun 20, 2017 — CHME2 for Train Simulator 2015. Fashion popular game RailWorks. Shunting locomotive was used extensively on the railway since the Soviet ...

[/URL]
I searched for the same thing on the Trainz Kuid Index and found what I was looking for. Sometimes I might find what I'm looking for on Google, but not that often.

Back