Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the TRS19 SP2 Installer is allowed to be sent out and is it legal to do so?

Default Is the TRS19 SP2 Installer is allowed to be sent out and is it legal to do so?

Hey guys some friends of mine plus myself were wondering if the TRS19 SP2 Installer is allowed to be sent out and is it legal to do so?

United States of America, Oregon, Forest Grove

I'm pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own.

But, if you can't, then no, sharing the updater to your friends who pirated the game would be a definite nuh uh.

Rico
    Last edited by ricomon35; October 21st, 2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricomon35 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own.

But, if you can't, then no, sharing the updater to your friends who pirated the game would be a definite nuh uh.

Rico
    What do you mean by pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own?

I believe Ricomon35 is referring to possible pirating, but Tony just posted a link to the SP3 installer, so I don't know why SP2 would be out of the question. Presumably you would still have to authenticate to N3V to run it.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

He means you most certainly should know better, and you should!
    Working on Trainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    He means you most certainly should know better, and you should!
    Mate, it was just a simple question. Nor did I say I was going to do it unless it was given the okay to do so

He did? Where?

SP2 had a lot of bugs so if you're going to upgrade from SP1 you'd be better off using the SP3 link Tony provided. Or if you're still at SP1 it might be best to stay where you are until the final post release fixes for SP4 are done.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

James005, I may have mis-stated. he posted a link, but just to show it was still active and available. Nevertheless, it works and the SP3 installer is downloadable. His post with the link is here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...43#post1893543
    EDIT: I agree with Kotangagirl above. You probably want to stay with SP1 or go with SP3 for now.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    James005, I may have mis-stated. he posted a link, but just to show it was still active and available. Nevertheless, it works and the SP3 installer is downloadable. His post with the link is here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...43#post1893543
    EDIT: I agree with Kotangagirl above. You probably want to stay with SP1 or go with SP3 for now.
    Righto, btw speaking of SP1 is there a way to revert back to it?

Assuming you are on it now, probably only by backing up both your data folder and your N3V install folder.

Actually I should have made myself clearer. Is there a way to revert back to SP1 from SP3 or 4?

I think only if you have a backup somewhere, otherwise I don't think so but could be wrong.

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS19.

The only way to get SP1 back again is if you safely archived it away somewhere. And you would have needed to back up both your game install and the data folders that go with it. Backing up one without the other won't work if you want reinstall it again. When it comes to TS2019/TRS19 it really does pay to be a bit paranoid about making back ups.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

I just bought 19 a while ago, it's build 114800. Is that SP4? So you are saying that SP2 and SP4 have bugs but not SP1 and SP3? But the bugs in SP4 will be eventually fixed with a patch? There's this weird bug with the pbr textures where they clip through other things and hover above the ground. Will that be fixed?