Request for Trainz Sim 3 - Mobile, Benchmark Testing

wilts747

In todays Trainz Newsletter is an update on Trainz 3 - Mobile together with a request to mobile users for their assistance to benchmark their devices to aid the forthcoming Beta Testing.

Within the associated results summary for my Android device is a request for my Gmail Play Store email address which I'm reluctant to give as its not the address I use for Trainz registration or correspondence, I receive sufficient junk mail and/or scams already, and prefer to have as little to do with Google beyond the minimum necessary to operate an Android device.

Can anyone please explain why my Gmail Play Store email address is required please, who would have access to it and what difference does it have to the results of the benchmark testing because without it the results summary cannot be completed. Peter

Last edited:
In todays Trainz Newsletter is an update on Trainz 3 - Mobile together with a request to mobile users for their assistance to benchmark their devices to aid the forthcoming Beta Testing.

Within the associated results summary for my Android device is a request for my Gmail Play Store email address which I'm reluctant to give as its not the address I use for Trainz registration or correspondence, I receive sufficient junk mail and/or scams already, and prefer to have as little to do with Google beyond the minimum necessary to operate an Android device.

Can anyone please explain why my Gmail Play Store email address is required please, who would have access to it and what difference does it have to the results of the benchmark testing because without it the results summary cannot be completed. Peter

The Gmail Play Store is how you install apps on your Android phone unless you have a jailbroke phone or are a developer. It is a secure platform like the Apple equivalent. I highly doubt you will get a huge influx of junk email by signing up. What may be more relevant is that you will not get 3rd party ads in the app, which would be a much bigger concern to me.

So the email field during signup is a field in the Trainz TS3 database, which needs to be linked to your Play Store account so it will work, and to inform you of updates. If you don't trust Google, Trainz or N3V, then don't sign up. It is a decision only you can make. For me, I'm going to sign up.

PS.. I just did the survey which takes about 15 minutes, and it did not require a Gmail address

Last edited:
I appreciate how the Play Store works and my reluctance to supply an associated email address is nothing to do with trust but purely to do with the relevance of the information in relation to nothing more than a benchmark questionnaire. If the Development Team want to know who I am my account email address and username has worked quite well these past few years. Should Trainz Sim 3 be as attractive as previous Trainz products, suitably priced and my device is capable of running it successfully I'm quite likely to purchase the program as I did the previous Android version. However until that happens I'm reluctant to provide what to me appears to be irrelevant information for the sake data capture. Peter

Back