Long Trainz Routes.

410Sprinter

I am looking for some Longer Routes that take a couple of Hours to Run End to End . I have UMR 2015 & 2020. I was wondering what other routes there are that are long and can provide hours of train run time.`

If you are interested, I can list some payware:
Marias Pass from HP Trainz

From N3V's store:
The Canadian Rockies
Mojave Sub
The ECML routes
Milwaukee Road - Avery Drexel
Rostovsky Uzel
Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ

Cheers

Last edited:
You should try merging multiple routes together. I have a merged route that takes 2-3 hours to run end to end depending on if you run passenger or freight.

You should try merging multiple routes together. I have a merged route that takes 2-3 hours to run end to end depending on if you run passenger or freight.

The only problem with merging routes is that it can cause some unexpected errors. Of course I am speaking from experience with TS12 and I have not had the need to do this in TRS19, but I remember in TS12 there were situations where tracks connecting to industries on the route after merging would detach and you would have to reattach the tracks manually. Apart from that a more minor issue would be that names to objects such as signs may not transfer and thus show up blank. But it would not hurt to at least give it a try.

The only problem with merging routes is that it can cause some unexpected errors. Of course I am speaking from experience with TS12 and I have not had the need to do this in TRS19, but I remember in TS12 there were situations where tracks connecting to industries on the route after merging would detach and you would have to reattach the tracks manually. Apart from that a more minor issue would be that names to objects such as signs may not transfer and thus show up blank. But it would not hurt to at least give it a try.

The old broken track issue doesn't seem to occur any longer and neither do the springy splines that ended up going off into space. Merging does work, but you need to keep an eye on the memory and should plan on increasing the virtual memory (page file) as big as you can to accommodate the merge. This is very important if your routes are huge.

With that said, I have one route that takes me about 6 hours to drive if the AI will allow me to without doing the AI antics that they seem to enjoy when we drive or do something else on the route at the same time.

Hi

As you didn't specify a country you could have a look at the included UK ECML route which is 400 miles long.

A US route that is quite long is the Powder River Basin route which is basically an out and back route to collect coal from various mines.

Another issue with merging routes is that you can get duplicated junction and signal names that can play havoc with the AI if you don't check them first.

Regards

Brian

Not already mentioned:

• Australia

ARTC NSW Main South - VR North-East
TGR Fingal Line 1955
VR Goulburn - Murray Lines
Weddin, NSW

• Canada

Canadian Pacific's Mountain Sub 1887
White Pass & Yukon

• France

Une petite route

• Romania

Route Romania

• Russia

Cheremkhovo - Angarsk
Moscow-Suhinichi + Iksha-Nepecino 2013
Pechora Railway
Prostory Russii
St. Petersburg - Volhovstroj - Tihvin
Uzlovaya
Zhukovka

• UK (Wales)

Ffestiniog & Welsh Island Railway

• Ukraine

Crimea 2013

• USA

Clovis Sub
Clovis to Lubbock
Cotton Belt Route
Crawford, NE
Port of Tillamook Bay RR
Rollins Pass Winter 1910
Sherman Hill

The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route

Description:
The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route is a result of the merging of the WM & B&O Mega Route with the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. The route includes the original Cumberland to Connellsville, and the Western Maryland Thomas Sub which were merged to form the WM & B&O Mega Route, and the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry, and Harpers Ferry to Baltimore routes which were merged to form the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. This route is mainly the B&O from Baltimore MD to Grafton WV, and the Western Maryland from Baltimore MD to Webster Springs WV, with branches from Cumberland MD to Connellsville Pa, and Elkins WV to Durbin WV. which includes the Cass Scenic RR. It includes the entire Western Maryland RR as it existed in 1975 when it was merged into the Chessie System. Total main line trackage: 1107 Miles. The route has 11,605 baseboards, and covers 2,322 square miles. All content is DLS only. By opening the route in 'Content Manager/Show in Explorer', you can access and download 2 TrainzMap JPEGs of the route. It took me 8 years over an 11 year time frame to build the route. It works in TANE, and TRS19. Averaging 50 mph, it would take 22 hours to run all of the entire main lines. The route is on the DLS under jrfolco or kuid 73500.

Below are images of the route and the Baltimore area.

Joe

wqcS3fb.jpg

SzH1TO5.jpg

Last edited:
@410sprinter
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-2.jpg

although my routes are not really made for sprinter trainz they are however of the finest and not just a few baseboards wide like most long hauls on the dls.
Few baseboards mean you can only use them from cab view without seeing the board of the table.
On purpose i designed my (all prototypical) route(s) to cover vast areas of the Canadian Rocky Mountains so you can roam, fly, use a drone or just like me like real live sit on a rock on the summit of a mountain and enjoy the truly breathtaking panoramas.
Trains look like toys in my routes but real one's.
I now have 5+ routes on the DLC and all are way more than 4+ hours to master. Let along the shunting and recovering stranded consists on steep hill climbs.
Feel free to have a look at those built-in with TRS19 and you understand the meaning of real 3D trainzing.
You all have a nice day.

I am looking for some Longer Routes that take a couple of Hours to Run End to End . I have UMR 2015 & 2020. I was wondering what other routes there are that are long and can provide hours of train run time.`

The Fond du Lac Branch is 30 miles long but speeds are low. If you do work along the way it can take two hours easily.

:B~)

[h=2]The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route[/h]
has anyone done an operational session on this route ?

The layout itself is, no doubt a masterpiece - but how the hell will you navigate through this world without trackmarks and unnamed stations or industries ? May be someone has created a session ?

I agree about the MRL, but I had trouble with a LOT of missing assets for that... I have a lot more experience at that though, so I may have to try it again...

How about a 2-foot gauge steam route that runs 54 miles, but takes 8 REAL hours to go from end to end? Elevations go from 450 feet to over 7400 feet in those miles. I am referring to, of course, ro the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. It features three loops, 6 switchbacks (Z-hill climbs), and grades approaching 12%.

Bill

Back