Uninstalled Payware Assets (kiuids) show as "unknown" in Content Manager/TRS19 -

1611mac

- - . -
Uninstalled Payware Assets (kiuids) show as "unknown" in Content Manager/TRS19 -

Since this is CM manager related, I'm not sure where to post.

If certain payware assets are not installed is CM supposed to show them as "unknown asset" if a freeware route calls for them? That's happened here. Why does CM not list them as "payware, not installed?"

I downloaded Tane route "Seaport/Industrial SP4" into my 105624 "plus beta" install today and I had several (dozen or so) "unknown" assets. I compared the kuids to my "normal" 105100 "plus"install which already contained the route and had no "unknown" assets. The "unknown" assets were all payware assets that had not been installed. So to fix, all I had to do was download the payware routes to get the "unknowns."

My question is, why are these listed as "unknown" instead of "payware, not installed?"

Thanks in advance.

If certain payware assets are not installed is CM supposed to show them as "unknown asset" if a freeware route calls for them? That's happened here. Why does CM not list them as "payware, not installed?"

My question is, why are these listed as "unknown" instead of "payware, not installed?"

If a freeware route uses an asset that is not on the DLS then it will show in CM as "unknown asset". CM, as far as I know, has no way of "knowing" whether the missing asset is payware (i.e. DLC), freeware or payware from a third party site or simply does "not exist" (i.e. was an early developmental asset that only existed on the creators HDD and was never uploaded to anywhere - I have done a few of those). Only after an asset has been downloaded and installed can CM detect if it is freeware or payware.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I've never stopped to ponder why (N3V) Payware only shows on CM after install.

I would have thought payware would at least show as "Payware, not installed" and, of course, being Payware, could only be installed through the proper channels, not the CM.

Thought I understood that Payware was not listed in CM but now, in Content Manager, I see 654 items of "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" Routes, Sessions, and Locos. Example: "A-Mazing Race" Auran route, build 3.8, 04-Apr-2014" - So obviously CM DOES know about some payware. Confused!

I think that the "(not active)" part gives the clue. I saw this on my CM listings after I updated TRS19 to SP1 but before I had downloaded all the DLC that I previously had installed (or was entitled to install but never did).

You are correct. I did some additional checking. Routes, Sessions, Locos, consists, - anything that you have "Selected" in Content Vault will appear in CM. And if not installed in game (by in game downloader or Content Store) it shows in CM as "Not installed, Payware (not active)." I had never considered this and for the past year, knowing that I was seeing "Payware" in CM, assumed wrongly that CM "knew" about all payware. If you attempt to Download from within CM it errors with "This asset is payware DLC and is not available via the Download Station."

Back