Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Hello, Can you tell us what the build number is on the Platinum Edition? Is it only the content that is different (build is same).

If it's a content difference why separate Platinum update steams (particularly beta) and the TRS and Plus (and beta) update streams?

TRS19 Platinum is 105100 (same as Trainz Plus right now, but won't get regular updates in the future).

Different streams are for different folks. Gold members get access to all DLC while Platinum owners get access to a dozen of so extras.

I'm not a big fan of bundling interface changes as DLC - especially unannounced DLC. I literally bought TRS19 full price 4 days ago and all i get is a 10 dollar discount, when this is effectively replacing TRS19 in the store?

That, of course, would be much more acceptable if it was just extra trains - but you're bundling updates to core game features as paid DLC - like, none of this justifies paying 70 dollars when other studios can improve games without making you buy em twice.

Issue with discounts

Tony & Team,

A few questions regarding pricing & store issues with Platinum:

1. Is there a reason why multiple discounts can't be stacked when purchasing Platinum (existing gold points plus the discount for previous owners, for example)?
  2. What's the formula that determines the discount that owners of past versions & their DLC receive for Platinum? The web page is cagey about this.

I already own most of the stuff that's in Platinum, so I'm not in a rush to pay $45 USD for little more DLC plus interface changes. A more significant discount or stacking with other discounts would make this a more attractive proposition.

I realize & support that N3V need to keep a regular revenue stream to keep making Trainz. Platinum is a good deal for new purchasers, I'm just not overly enamored with this year's offering considering what i already own.

Thanks!
Diego

I purchased Settle and Carlisle lond ago and it has always been freely downloadable to me in subsequent builds up to TRS19. Will it be freely available in Platinum?

Ingha

What a bewildering array of options there are for TRS19.

In my opinion, being asked to pay full price again for an upgraded version of TRS19 is an option too far. Has TRS19 (Classic?) actually received an SP before I'm being asked to upgrade again?

What a bewildering array of options there are for TRS19.

All the more to choose from.

In my opinion, being asked to pay full price again for an upgraded version of TRS19 is an option too far. Has TRS19 (Classic?) actually received an SP before I'm being asked to upgrade again?

Opinions will vary. Yes, TRS19 (Classic) has just received SP1 to build 105096. You don't have to upgrade (again). You can stay with TRS19 Classic for as long as you wish. Others have already taken the option to upgrade to TRS19 Platinum and I am considering it.

We have a great range of choices from subscriptions (at various levels) with free or reduced price DLC and free upgrades; to outright purchase and no additional costs. We are free to choose the options that best suit our needs and budgets. No-one can really complain about that.

No-one can really complain about that.

More of observation than a complaint, N3V is at present maintaining TANE, TRS19 (Classic), TRS19 Platinum and TRS19 Plus. Given the amount of time and testing that goes into any patch/SP, I can't help feeling there is a danger of biting off more than can be chewed.

Sales of the subscription model must be dwindling if it's time to repackage TRS19 and resell for not much less than the original asking price... ;)

Less tongue in cheek, this is only going to aggravate the lack of a common version when it comes to building and distributing routes - Trainz Classics all over again!

I wouldn't consider this a "repackage." It has UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) which is a big change/update. Jump from Driver to Surveyor (and back) instantly. It also has the new camera system and Store Downloader. It's really a "set/stable/official" presentation of what Trainz Plus users now have and what Gold beta testers have be testing all year. It's basically an "early release" of an on-going TRS19 path.
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Best, Greg

Couple of questions:

• Does the macOS version of Platinum have the Metal engine implemented please?
  • Is there liable to be a regionalised version of Platinum in the future please?

I wouldn't consider this a "repackage." It has UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) which is a big change/update. Jump from Driver to Surveyor (and back) instantly. It also has the new camera system and Store Downloader. It's really a "set/stable/official" presentation of what Trainz Plus users now have and what Gold beta testers have be testing all year. It's basically an "early release" of an on-going TRS19 path.
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Best, Greg

I can live without the three features you mention. Certainly not worth forking out another £50 for. Emperor's new clothes, for sure.

I can live without the three features you mention. Certainly not worth forking out another £50 for. Emperor's new clothes, for sure.

Those decisions are made by each individual. I was merely stating what the version included as far a new features. And I think "value" of features depends on the user. Someone who flips between Driver and Surveyor a lot may think it worth the investment. Others not. To each his own.

-greg

More of observation than a complaint, N3V is at present maintaining TANE, TRS19 (Classic), TRS19 Platinum and TRS19 Plus. Given the amount of time and testing that goes into any patch/SP, I can't help feeling there is a danger of biting off more than can be chewed.

Too much choice is always a risk but so is having only a single choice. The fact that they (N3V) are no longer rushing out SPs to meet deadlines is, to me at least, a good sign.

Less tongue in cheek, this is only going to aggravate the lack of a common version when it comes to building and distributing routes - Trainz Classics all over again!

Trainz Plus and TRS19 Platinum differ from TRS19 Classic (for want of a better label) only in the tools they offer (and their location in the UI). The routes and sessions they create are fully compatible, apart from the old problem of users including DLC in their DLS uploaded routes and sessions. I would hope/expect that they have learned from the Trainz Classic releases.

My opinions.

Last edited:
Loaded this version into a separate directory it loaded as did the original … told it to download, did not download the new content when first loaded …. today started SP1 and it is now downloading the updates and new content hope that's ok?

Tom

Ok after the download 33 Installed Missing dependencies Payware .... This should not happen. payware should be complete to me .

ok the routes it looks like its items on DLs but the steam locos have Payware Items not installed not active.
Down to 7 with problems but will make it 6 as one is a consist
3DZ DRG Class 05 001 & 002
C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam
NKP Caboose 400 series
QR PB15 No.738 and the 3'6" version

Tom

Last edited:
Loaded this version into a separate directory it loaded as did the original … told it to download, did not download the new content when first loaded …. today started SP1 and it is now downloading the updates and new content hope that's ok?

Tom

Ok after the download 33 Installed Missing dependencies Payware .... This should not happen. payware should be complete to me .

ok the routes it looks like its items on DLs but the steam locos have Payware Items not installed not active.
Down to 7 with problems but will make it 6 as one is a consist
3DZ DRG Class 05 001 & 002
C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam
NKP Caboose 400 series
QR PB15 No.738 and the 3'6" version

Tom

I had the same. I ran a DBR and that issue went away.

Back