doesn't work

EJB

shut train 2019 off last night. the next day late afternoon went to start 2019 and all i get is the startup screen with the little squares chasing themselves around in a circle.
i tried to use the back up folder and still can't get the game to open. any ideas
thanx
ejb

Has anything else changed between shutting down TRS19 last night and starting up? Anti-virus update? Windows update? New software installed? Spilt coffee over the keyboard (don't laugh - it happened to me and I had to dump the laptop)?

no nothing has changed. in fact 2012 works just fine. same machine.
i shut the game down just like always but today it gets to the start up panel and that's it. i can get into the content manager.
thanx for your response
ejb

Just for kicks, try changing the game display resolution.

At the Launcher, go to Trainz settings and set the resolution to the lowest. 1024 x 768.

Uncheck the Full-screen box.

Start up and see if it works...

If it does, set it back to the native resolution for your monitor.

Try in a window.

If it works, set it to whatever you had including full-screen.

What I'm doing here is resetting something that might have somehow gotten corrupted during the shutdown. Weird things can happen as you know.

its not the game it is apparently the route not opening. this is a old route that i started in trs 2004. i guess i did something wrong the day before and it won't open.
content manager doesn't show anything. i'll keep trying. been one of the better routes.
thanx again
ejb

Some older routes will take time to open. ive noticed that TRS19 sometimes gets lost when loading older routes. This also happens when there are errors in the route or session. Let the processing do its job.

its not the game it is apparently the route not opening. this is a old route that i started in trs 2004. i guess i did something wrong the day before and it won't open.
content manager doesn't show anything. i'll keep trying. been one of the better routes.
thanx again
ejb
Restore from backup folder? Do other routes do this too, or only the one from 2004?

i already tried the back up folders. and no i have several routes from about the same time and they are working fine. well about as fine as the 2019 will let the work. p until yesterday the rout was working really nicely. something is wrone. i'm thinking of deleting the route and then trying the backup folder.
i still have the routes on 2012 and use them when 2019 frustrates me. n3v seriously need to patch the game it has quite a few problems. still like it but it is really quirky.
thanx again for the feedback
ejb

well i have no other game plans to get my route beck. n3v should seriously look at their product that they are charging money for. i am really discouraged with this 2019. and i thought tane was bad.
no i do not have a college degree in computers. maybe you should show this is necessary.
strange everything works great in 2012. thank the lord i didn't remove that.
ejb

Well I have TANE and no major problems. Have you tried a data base repair? I've had weird things happen and sometimes that fixes it.

it automatically goes to database every time i open the game. i have tried the back ups. i even tried to move it from 2012 all to no avail.
it is discouraging that after almost 15 years of off and on the route for some reason is gone.
pretty sure i am going to remove and go to 12. maybe if n3v releases a patch i will re-install for another go. but right now NO.
thanx for the reply i do appreciate it.
ejb
as far as tane i'm glad you got it to run. i never saw a train move on it. at least with 19 i actually run several sessions.
don't get me wrong i really like the presentation of the trains in 19, the procedural track, and would have probably like the turfix. haven't even tried that yet.i think the possibilities are great,but it needs some tweaking.

it automatically goes to database every time i open the game. i have tried the back ups. i even tried to move it from 2012 all to no avail.
it is discouraging that after almost 15 years of off and on the route for some reason is gone.
pretty sure i am going to remove and go to 12. maybe if n3v releases a patch i will re-install for another go. but right now NO.
thanx for the reply i do appreciate it.
ejb
as far as tane i'm glad you got it to run. i never saw a train move on it. at least with 19 i actually run several sessions.
don't get me wrong i really like the presentation of the trains in 19, the procedural track, and would have probably like the turfix. haven't even tried that yet.i think the possibilities are great,but it needs some tweaking.

The fact that your program keeps doing a database means there is something not right. The program definitely isn't perfect and it's definitely quirky, but not that unstable unlike the early T:ANE versions where looking at it with your lefty eye, or thinking too hard about it would cause it to crash.

Anyway one more thing...

Try an Extended Database.

At the Launcher...

Let it run it's database repair and finish. Once done, click on developer on the menu bar and press the CTRL key while left clicking on the Rebuild Database menu item.

This will start up a much deeper, and much more thorough repair process that analyzes the data and does other things as well.

Once this is done start up Content Manager. There maybe a busy cursor spinning and nothing showing. Don't panic and let it finish. What's happening is the program is indexing your content and caching the content again. When this finishes, check for faulty assets. If you have any, right-click on them and view errors and warnings. This will reset the status. Should something end up not clearing, then you need to repair or replace the asset.

After this, you should be all set.

sorry it took so long to answer your reply.
i ran the deep database repair. still don,t have the route. can't seem to get it back even tried to get it from the original source(2012). i wonder if the original install has something to do with the problem. apparently the two disc set has a problem. and maybe i misunderstood the directions. who know. but then again i was running this route and others until two days ago. so far it is just this route. other homemade routes are running fine.
like i said maybe going back to 12 and wait for n3v to patch will be the best thing.
a lot of dissension on the forums especially the subscription issue but a lot about 2019. personally i think a patch if done right will solve most of the problems. it did with 2004 and 2009(actually if memory serves it took two patches for 09) finally turning it to 2010. if memory serves me.
would like to see something on the repair of assets. the asset repair is what turned me off of tane. close to a month and not even seeing a train run. bit much to absorb.
thanx for your help your help you are pretty knowledgeable about the game
ejb

Back