TRS22.exe - System Error

The DLL must have the exact name: "msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll" and be copied in "C:\Windows\System32" and "C:\Windows\SysWOW64", not in TRS22 folder (it is different from "msvcp140.dll"). You may have to manually register it; if so follow this guide.
I found the dll file and put it in the:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022
Eventhough it worked for me, should I have put it in the two ( System32 & SysWOW64 ) locations you suggested instead?

The one you put in your TRS22 program folder is not working, so you wasted a copy and paste to that location.

The one you put in your TRS22 program folder is not working, so you wasted a copy and paste to that location.
I was told per developer on the Trainz discussion on the Steam site to put it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 folder which I did and it worked. Got the game to start. I'm asking should I go back and delete it out of that folder and install it in the two ( System32 & SysWOW64 ) folders mentioned in HPL's post and if so what improvement will that do?

I was told per developer on the Trainz discussion on the Steam site to put it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 folder which I did and it worked. Got the game to start. I'm asking should I go back and delete it out of that folder and install it in the two ( System32 & SysWOW64 ) folders mentioned in HPL's post and if so what improvement will that do?
If you got it to work, don't worry about it. There's no difference in performance. You may want to put the files in the system folders as well because if you need to reinstall, you'll lose the file you put in the Trainz folders and run into the same mess you are in now.

And who's the developer you are talking to up there? They are non-existent here leaving us to fend for ourselves.

If you got it to work, don't worry about it. There's no difference in performance. You may want to put the files in the system folders as well because if you need to reinstall, you'll lose the file you put in the Trainz folders and run into the same mess you are in now.

And who's the developer you are talking to up there? They are non-existent here leaving us to fend for ourselves.
On the Steam's discussion the poster's name is "thilliam" and it has them listed as a developer.

@CofG509 - sorry,. it was not that I didn't believe you. thilliam is the head of N3V and Trainz. Everyone had been wondering why he has not responded here on the forums. Now we see he's on Steam.

@CofG509 - sorry,. it was not that I didn't believe you. thilliam is the head of N3V and Trainz. Everyone had been wondering why he has not responded here on the forums. Now we see he's on Steam.
No worries. It's that no one from N3V management or support has visited the forums since they dumped the update on us. It's as if they all went off on a big old holiday somewhere on the Suncoast.

Well, I'm putting my money on Pware being correct that is related to a driver. Why? Because I'm running Win 7 and I don't have either .dll in my System folder or in fact anywhere on my PC and my two installs are running with no problems at all. So is this related to DirectX 12 or xAudio2 both of which are in Win 10 and up but not in Win7? I do have the required xAudio2.dll which I added to my system folder when support for that was added to Trainz Plus.

well i dont have trainz 22 yet, i do have msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll and msvcp140.dll files in system32 & syswow64 folders. im on windows 10 home edition and updated.........:eek:

well i dont have trainz 22 yet, i do have msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll and msvcp140.dll files in system32 & syswow64 folders. im on windows 10 home edition and updated.........:eek:
You should be all set if you have those files already. The error was caused by people that do not have those files.

Hi All
Apologies for not replying sooner, our team have been exceedingly busy this week, and in the case of myself my focus has been on direct contact from customers via the helpdesk/email, and this has meant I've not been able to reply on the forum till today.

Our team have been investigating this error, along with some Steam installations of TRS22/TrainzPlus simply not loading the launcher screen, and we have confirmed that the latest update for TRS22/TrainzPlus requires the latest VC Redistributable to be installed, which you can find here: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Please download and then install this package (you simply need to install it into the default location the installer selects, you do not need to install it into your Trainz directory/etc), which will install the required files for the latest update to run.

Please note that the VC Redistributable package is a Microsoft package for programs, and these packages do receive periodic updates from Windows, and in this case the update was required by some of the latest updates in Trainz itself. It's likely that many people already have this installed, as there are many other games/programs that use these packages and may already have the latest versions installed by other programs. Are are working on ensuring that such a change is handled better in the future.

Regards

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a set of runtime library files used by many programs installed in the PC, even a part of Windows. Uninstalling them will definitely stop all those programs that depend on them from working.

Trainz TRS22-ERROR

Msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll​

I deleted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable not knowing that Trainz uses this language to make the simulator operate on the (Microsoft) Computers Operating System smoothly. The only thing I did to fix this problem was to do a Computer System RESTORE. I backed up my computer to the nearest restore point (mine was 6 days before I deleted MSVC++) and TRS22 returned to normal use.

Don't need Visual C++ installed on the system for Trainz, msvcp140.dll, msvcp140_1.dll, msvcp140_2.dll files are located in the game folder:
I don't have any Visual C++ installed right now, but the game works fine.
If you have an error of this kind in the Steam version, then check the integrity of the local game files. If there is no Steam version, then reinstall the game.

Back