Spline Deletion Fault Still Present

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Just opened up a route I was working on to find a section of road has deleted itself. Not failing to display or anything - it was there yesterday evening when I last saved the route before closing down and not there on going to the same area this morning.

This is annoying and frustrating - a bug that crept in with SP2 of TANE, seemed to get sorted in SP3, wasn't present in beta versions of '19 but is obviously back in the current 98952.

Please don't ask me to reproduce steps other than what is stated above.

The fact the problem keeps arising then apparently gets fixed should be enough to track down what in your spaghetti code is causing the route corruption.

In the meantime it looks as if it's back to TANE SP1 HF4 for route building, the last stable, reliable version of the programme.

No response from anyone in N3V or otherwise for that matter...

Anyhow, in the meantime I seem to have caught the culprit red handed of my own volition. Placing a spline section I hit "Esc" to cancel the action and immediately noticed an adjacent piece of already placed track spline lost half its length.

So there you go, boys, hopefully enough to go on maybe get stuck in and actually fix the bug, eh?

No response from anyone in N3V or otherwise for that matter...

Anyhow, in the meantime I seem to have caught the culprit red handed of my own volition. Placing a spline section I hit "Esc" to cancel the action and immediately noticed an adjacent piece of already placed track spline lost half its length.

So there you go, boys, hopefully enough to go on maybe get stuck in and actually fix the bug, eh?

I reported that bug at the very end of the beta testing but never got a response. Report this again. I did find a work around though. Hit the UNDO and the missing bits will reappear.

Understood John, which is what I did to get round the fault. Problem is, when the deleted section is not apparent and you don't notice it until you happen to revisit that area - maybe even in an editing session a few days later - by which time the damage is done.

If it was reported during beta, then what on Earth have N3V been doing about the problem? Come to think of it, apart from the "what (US) payware DLC would you like next?" thread, there hasn't been much company presence on these boards at all the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Understood John, which is what I did to get round the fault. Problem is, when the deleted section is not apparent and you don't notice it until you happen to revisit that area - maybe even in an editing session a few days later - by which time the damage is done.

If it was reported during beta, then what on Earth have N3V been doing about the problem? Come to think of it, apart from the "what (US) payware DLC would you like next?" thread, there hasn't been much company presence on these boards at all the last few weeks.

Understood! I did run into that myself and luckily I was able to rebuild an area.

I did submit the report, but come to think of it, I didn't get the official "Thank you for submitting the bug to us" response back. Either I had an error on my end, or it was something on their end. I was going through some rather trying times with my mum who sadly passed away on 11th December, which was the culmination of months of 2 to 3 hours sleep so anything could have happened then.

But anyway I think Tony and the crew are busy. There was something about some upcoming beta tests for TRS19, which at that time I will definitely revisit this bug again and bring it up and I recommend others do the same.

I know what you mean about the DLC... No comments.

Back