Utilities for TS19

1611mac

- - . -
I've seen some 3rd party utilities for Trainz (like google earth map import). Is there a list of these somewhere?

Anything to assist learning/managing assets? I'm thinking of something like a Photo database app.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen some 3rd party utilities for Trainz (like google earth map import). Is there a list of these somewhere?

Anything to assist learning/managing assets? I'm thinking of something like a Photo database app.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of anything on the Mac, but if you have access to a PC, there's a plethora of utilities in addition to the basics.

The basics are a text editor and photo editor such as Photo Shop, Gimp, Paint.net.

Other utilities and programs include:

Peter Villaume's suite of utilities:

Images2TGA
PM2IM
Meshviewer

Others include:

AssetX

This set of utilities are almost a requirement for assets updates and repair should you go that route.

And finally there's TransDEM. TransDEM allows you to import DEM data and maps, including Google Earth Images, and place them right on top of each other, accurately, and in place, then exported as a route ready for work on in Trainz. If you're serious about working on a prototypical route, this is the way to go. The cost for this package is about $35 US.

Heres a sample of a route done in TransDEM with the prototype on the right:

2018-11-22 121150.jpg DSCN0105.jpg

Thanks... does AssetX work with TS19? I downloaded it but there is no version selection for "TS19".. (I do have a Windows VM on my Mac so all I need do is "share" my data folder with Windows.)

Thanks... does AssetX work with TS19? I downloaded it but there is no version selection for "TS19".. (I do have a Windows VM on my Mac so all I need do is "share" my data folder with Windows.)

Cool on the VM. They're cool and I use them on my PC to run Linux. :)

It does, but you need to run it manually by setting up the "Home" folder to your TRS19 data/editing folder, wherever that is - data/editing can be device/My TRS19 data/editing.

AssetX will help you bring up older assets to a more update format, but be careful with it as it can also break things as well, and sometimes running the individual tools separately is safer.

Just add your TRS19 editing folder under AssetX Options > Add Home Folder > tick Autoscan Folders > Apply.

To use you need to open asset or assets for editing, start AssetX and it will populate with whatever is in the editing folder. You can have different versions added all at the same time if you need to work on different versions.

Back