Running BasemapzSetup.msi on Windows 10

I would like to try to use the Basemapz program on my Windows 10 PC, to create maps which can be used in Trainz22 Plus – build 123794. I have read the information provided in the Trainz Knowledge page at:
https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/108/19/installing-basemapz
which suggests that Basemapz is included in Trainz 17, however I do not have that version of Trainz on my system.

I have been able to download the BasemapzSetup.MSI installation program, but when I run that program I receive the message that it needs the MS dot Net run time 3.5. My version of Windows 10 has the MS dot Net run time 4.5 installed, not the older 3.5 version.

All of the above is background information. My question is:

How can one install and use Basemapz on a newer system which has the newer version of MS dot Net runtime?

Or

Is it possible to install MS dot Net 3.5 and use that as well as MS dot Net 4.5 on the same computer?

If the answer to the above 2 questions is “none of the above”, then can anyone suggest another method by which one might import images from Google earth, or from a layout schematic drawing into Trainz22?

Thank you in advance for any help that may be provided.
Andy
aka: Curmudgeon66

Yes, it'll run fine. Dot-net 3.5 will install if needed but otherwise, everything works okay. I wish everything installed and worked that way.

But it doesn't run just fine. When I try to run the basemapz.msi installer, it just tells me that it needs MS dot Net 3.5, and then I am stuck. How do I get past that so that I can actually run the basemapz program itself?
Still confused.
Yes, it'll run fine. Dot-net 3.5 will install if needed but otherwise, everything works okay. I wish everything installed and worked that way.

But it doesn't run just fine. When I try to run the basemapz.msi installer, it just tells me that it needs MS dot Net 3.5, and then I am stuck. How do I get past that so that I can actually run the basemapz program itself?
Still confused.
I'm confused too. It could be that I had it installed from something else which is very possible.

Try this instead...

Install it from here:

Use the manual download if it doesn't download automatically.

JCitron; Thanks for that link, It worked !
(sorry to be so late in replying - I took a few days away from the computer for Christmas)
That's great to hear, you're welcome!

A holiday away from the computer is always a good thing.

Happy Holidays.

Back