New update to 97271 via TRS19 Beta stream

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We have released a new update for "TRS19 Early Access" users via the "TRS19 Beta" stream. This patch includes a huge amount of new content, but does not yet include the new routes and sessions (which we should have available "real soon now").

This update (PC only at this stage) will take users from the current TRS19 Beta 96720 to 97271. Patch size is 2.8GB.

NOTE: All existing "TRS19 Early Access" users with PC build 96000 can also update to direct to this beta via the "TRS19 Beta" stream. The "official" update via the TRS19 Early Access stream will most likely be released next week.

This update includes a long list of bug fixes and updates focussed on issues reported through our bug reporting system here.

Thanks to our ongoing beta testers who continue to assist us in finding and fixing issues.

If you do have a problem, please ensure you complete the bug report so that the dev team can fix the issue for you and anyone else experiencing the same thing.

Last edited:
Downloading now. Interestingly it came up as I was rebooting so hopefully some of the problems I am experiencing are now fixed. Will let you know.

2.8 Gb download. Very slow - peaking out at only 5.3 MB/s, so there's gotta be a headwind along the way.
Successfully completed with all my settings preferences and defaults left untouched.
Database repair took only 30 seconds.
Expect initial compiling of shaders process when running a session for the first time again. Not too painful.
Lighting looks great.
Exiting a driver session without saving did NOT take about 5 minutes! (Less the 5 seconds instead). Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, that was interesting! As I originally stated I was restarting a 96720 build when the update popped up so I took it on. I have been constantly finding that the program did not always shutdown properly and I have been in the habit of, upon restart, checking the Open for Edit screen and finding that the route and session that I was working on were frequently listed. In this case it was a clone of the Settle and Carlisle route.

Now, after the upgrade and as I had not checked the Open for Edit screen, the S&C clone has disappeared but I still have the session. I will now do a new clone and then load in the session and find out what needs to fixed.

Update: I now realise that the update has wiped another clone from my programme. This looks like it could be a "Bug" or is it intentional?

Last edited:
The update should not have affected any of your local data files (and it would be unlikely that it did since the patch doesn't touch that folder, only the install folder).

Hmm.. having said that, if you are cloning a built-in route that has been updated, then there may be a bug relating to the original version of your clone becoming "not active"/obsolete after the update. Please advise the KUID of the original route you cloned and the KUID of the latest version of that route installed.

Tony,

The route is S&C Carlisle Skipton that was installed from the available routes in my Asset Downloads list. It is sim:SC45379 in the list. I assumed from the number of the package, 45379, that this was updated by the team for the latest version. The kuid for the S&C Carlisle Skipton part of the download, which is the bit I cloned, is <kuid2:69379:100014:13>.

The major reason for cloning the S&C Carlisle Skipton route was that the portals at the south, Leeds, end of the route had 2 iportals, one each side of the normal Basic portals which prevented editing access to the Basic portals. By cloning the route I could delete the iportals and try to replace them with Basic portals. The Basic portals were added but I then found that I could not rotate them into the proper alignment so I have been waiting for this update knowing that the problem had been reported.

Now reviewing this update I found that this problem has been fixed and the new portals are correctly lined up with the existing trackwork.

At the Carlisle, north end of the route, there is a similar situation though not as bad as the southern end and I have yet to change these.

I wonder if I could find someone to set this to music for me.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember vinyl records getting stuck, but I get your point ;)

Once you guys get well beyond the single digit % of Trainz users we're definitely going to give you equal love. Meanwhile the commercial reality is that we focus our resources on the 90%+ majority.

We do however, make every attempt to ensure official releases are synchronized.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember vinyl records getting stuck, but I get your point ;)

Once you guys get well beyond the single digit % of Trainz users we're definitely going to give you equal love. Meanwhile the commercial reality is that we focus our resources on the 90%+ majority.

We do however, make every attempt to ensure official releases are synchronized.

I understand that, but if you count in iOS users and give us a Metal port I'm sure we'd be knocking on 50% before you knew it ;)

The family record player had three settings, 33, 45 and 78, so I think it's fair to say I remember vinyl.

The family record player had three settings, 33, 45 and 78, so I think it's fair to say I remember vinyl.

Youngster!
Ours had one speed - with a small adjuster - and an autochanger.
It required a new needle regularly, and about 5 minutes for the valves (vacuum tubes) to warm up.

Only when I bought a Dancette could we play 33s and 45s.
Colin

Youngster!
Ours had one speed - with a small adjuster - and an autochanger.
It required a new needle regularly, and about 5 minutes for the valves (vacuum tubes) to warm up.

Only when I bought a Dancette could we play 33s and 45s.
Colin

What, no wax cylinder? ;)

When I try to change my update stream I only get the options "TRS19 Early Access" or "TANE - Public Release" but no TRS18 Beta. Not sure why TANE is showing!

How to access "download stream"

I'm sure this is really dumb but where does one find the download stream? I've opened both TANE:SP3 and TRS2019 and no update choices are evident. I've checked the download station and other places on the Trainz site. Do you have to have an active First Class Ticket to access this?

My install is finishing up the DBR. I wonder if the internet tubes are full of water from the hurricane Michael! That download was slow and took forever to complete.

Once completed and settled in, I'll give things a try.

It would be helpful if each beta release is followed by a what's been fixed list. I don't see why that can't be created by creating a report using a query on the bug report database. Who cares if the list is in cryptic programmer, but it would be nice to see what's been done.

Back