2019 Textures

Jayco-man

What is up with the new 2019 textures? When you lay down the new textures they make the terrain dip down. Makes it very hard to texture next to track cause it makes the track go all wonky.:confused:

I had this issue as well. What I did was selecting a PBR texture in the painting mode, and then I just filled it in. It fixed the height for me atleast, don´t know if it works for you

What is up with the new 2019 textures? When you lay down the new textures they make the terrain dip down. Makes it very hard to texture next to track cause it makes the track go all wonky.:confused:

PBR ground textures mostly use parallax.....the solution with what you describe next to track is to use one of the procedural track types which have a PBR ballast texture. Fixes the problem nicely.

Try using the "TSR19 Track 1" with the "PBR Gravel 2" and "PBR Foliage 6" at the minimum setting, no rotation. They match together perfectly:

TRS19%20MannPhromLaramee_03.jpg

Phil

TIP: don't mmix and match PBR ground textures and old style textures. They do not play well together!

So if TRS19 textures are different to previous textures
what happens if a route is imported from Tane say 70% textured and is continued in TRS19
As tony said they dont play together well so
do you have to stick with old textures to complete it or what.
Does this include turf ect as well

what happens if a route is imported from Tane say 70% textured and is continued in TRS19
Does this include turf ect as well

Mostly you can do a one for one bulk replacement with the textures. TurfFX & Clutter are separate effects layers.

Thats going to be a pain in the arse where multiple texture are used in a mountainous area for example
I have a lot of blended textures in some areas so replacing each one is not so simple
And how many new textures are available for this process
The more I read about TRS19 the more trouble it seems is created by importing routes
This area is textured but no trees,grass etc has been added yet
So wiil this be an easy task or do the hills turn green for an easy way out

It's fine to mix both in the same route, just try not to transition backward and forward between them too frequently, or (perhaps) too near the track.

chris

It looks like regular textures may become obsolete, and the built-in selection of PBR will likely not be enough. Is it possible for the user to make PBR textures or convert legacy texture to PBR? If so, what would we need to do so?
Thx,
smyers

It looks like regular textures may become obsolete, and the built-in selection of PBR will likely not be enough. Is it possible for the user to make PBR textures or convert legacy texture to PBR? If so, what would we need to do so?
Thx,
smyers

Try this link.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKXWd4zOV4

and this link for info on PBR Ground Textures........http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Groundtexture

and this link for the Trainz Utilities.......https://docs.google.com/document/d/1faWpDAWIcZcifjq4z1w2NiLNF3jdoLA4YSlOoF6M9gI/edit

Thanks, Jayco-man,
I'm not sure if all textures are PBR. I did a filter for PBR in the paint section. To Nv3's credit, there are quite a few. However, there are only 2 that I could find, that represent street or asphalt. Most are railroad oriented (ballast, gravel) or natural (dirt, grass, rocks). While they are important, I'm doing quite a bit of track in the streets and am having to use legacy textures I made myself. I'm also getting the terrain dipping issue. So if we could make our own PBR textures, that'd be great. Overall, I have to agree with philskene, it's going to be hard to go back to T:ANE.

Best,
smyers

Hi,

On Mac version there is no PBR effect visible with textures. Terrain height is not changed under PBR textures and old and PBR textures looks the same. When route was exported to PC version (on my new 17" Predator for TRS19 only ) PBR on textures is clearly visible, ground under PBR textures is lowered and old textures are floating on original ground height over PBR textures. It looks OK from the distance but looks strange on closeup.
On uneven terrain shadow also floats above the ground.

Kind regards
Darko

Okay, a couple of corrections here:

* PBR refers to "physically based rendering" which is ALWAYS enabled in TRS19. For the new TRS19 materials and assets, you provide additional textures to fully configure the PBR inputs. Older assets are instead run through a simplistic conversion process to internally create the appropriate PBR inputs. In short, PBR is an improved material and lighting model which makes everything look more realistic.

* Parallax Mapping is the name for the "3D textures" technique that we support in TRS19. This adds a single additional input channel to the PBR normal-map texture, which is used as a displacement value.

* Parallax Mapping is available on both Mac and PC, but requires "Ultra" materials to be switched on in the settings. It requires a fairly high-end GPU for good performance.

hth,

chris

Now, that just confused me more then I already was. Someone needs to do a tutorial on this so we have some idea what your talking about. Thanks in advance. This mite be ok if you make your terrain, but if your using dem data then its not good, because is messes up your dem.

Last edited:
TRS19 procedural USA prototype track?

Try using the "TSR19 Track 1" with the "PBR Gravel 2" and "PBR Foliage 6" at the minimum setting, no rotation. They match together perfectly:

TRS19%20MannPhromLaramee_03.jpg

Phil

Sorry to be late to this party...

I'm still rather new to TRS19 (just passed my first month mark) so this may be a dumb question... (as usual)

The procedural track looks nice and makes turnouts with correct tie layout, guard, and wing rails. However there doesn't seem to be any procedural track with US prototype tie plates and spikes. Only some kind of bolted rail (Aussie prototype?).

Am I missing something and am too blind to see the track I'm looking for?

If not, why not? Give the large number of US based routes having the correct track would seem like a reasonable thing for the leading railroad sim program?

HF

Sorry to be late to this party...

I'm still rather new to TRS19 (just passed my first month mark) so this may be a dumb question... (as usual)

The procedural track looks nice and makes turnouts with correct tie layout, guard, and wing rails. However there doesn't seem to be any procedural track with US prototype tie plates and spikes. Only some kind of bolted rail (Aussie prototype?).

Am I missing something and am too blind to see the track I'm looking for?

If not, why not? Give the large number of US based routes having the correct track would seem like a reasonable thing for the leading railroad sim program?

HF

The reason is it's up to the content creators to make the assets. N3V themselves does not create, or rarely creates, content for the program and haven't done so in earnest in well over a decade. Don't get me wrong. I too would like some US/North American type track with the bigger rails, more ties, and spikes instead of clips. The European style track suffices for those routes in that region and also works well for transit lines over here, it's not quite as strong-looking as our 150 lb. Class V track which we would like.

With that said, I'm not a content creator even though I have an understanding of what needs to be done so instead of complaining, I wait on the sidelines and use other assets until the content is available.

Back