Exporting FBX texture from Blender 4 to TRS 2019 issues

I got anomlies when exporting FBX Blender 4 to TRS 2019.
My latest problem is texture of image not shown on TRS 2019 while it is nice look on Blender. But in route editor or driver session, it only show flat color, not the image what I include in base color.
I create node by wrangler addons. I had double checked but no found any mistake. Albedo color to base color, non color parameter to roughness and non color normal to normal map then to normal.
Looks nice in Blender.

What mistakes am I making in Blender?

A picture of your shader setup would be helpful. By "Wrangler" do you mean Bake Wrangler? I've that many times to bake out textures that I have used as inputs to the standard PBMetal shader export setup.

I don't think you need the texture coordinate and mapping nodes as Trainz will use the UV map in the mesh file anyway. Perhaps they might be useful if you were baking some texture. I usually pick the UV map in the Normal Map node but again it doesn't seem to make much difference to Trainz if you don't. The rest of the shader set up looks ok.

Try checking you have the right textures in the texture image nodes.

I don't think you need the texture coordinate and mapping nodes as Trainz will use the UV map in the mesh file anyway. Perhaps they might be useful if you were baking some texture. I usually pick the UV map in the Normal Map node but again it doesn't seem to make much difference to Trainz if you don't. The rest of the shader set up looks ok.

Try checking you have the right textures in the texture image nodes.
It's same result after I delete 'texture coordinate' and 'mapping' as usual.

I little bit confuse with UV Editor. I use 'smart UV project' but I got 2 orange triangles. Can I ignored them or put them outside of texture ?
We still should use UV map ?

I little bit confuse with UV Editor. I use 'smart UV project' but I got 2 orange triangles. Can I ignored them or put them outside of texture ?
We still should use UV map ?
That suggests to me that your UV map is the problem. i.e. it may be mapping your model to small parts of the available texture space.

Do we use UV maps? Yes, absolutely, they are very important and I often redo my UV maps several times until I think they are suitable. It is worth your while watching video tutorials about UV mapping and understanding how they work. Put simply, a UV map is a 2D map of a 3D object that is used to assign textures to an area of your mesh. Think of it as a skin of paint.

The choice of options to create a UV map depends on the model. Usually I start with the Smart UV Project, but I often use Project from View for selected UV "islands" as well. Mostly, I use the paid addon UVPackmaster to densely pack islands to maximise texel space.

That suggests to me that your UV map is the problem. i.e. it may be mapping your model to small parts of the available texture space.

Do we use UV maps? Yes, absolutely, they are very important and I often redo my UV maps several times until I think they are suitable. It is worth your while watching video tutorials about UV mapping and understanding how they work. Put simply, a UV map is a 2D map of a 3D object that is used to assign textures to an area of your mesh. Think of it as a skin of paint.

The choice of options to create a UV map depends on the model. Usually I start with the Smart UV Project, but I often use Project from View for selected UV "islands" as well. Mostly, I use the paid addon UVPackmaster to densely pack islands to maximise texel space.
Finally, It worked !!!
Thanks, Paul....

But blind trial and trial because I do not familiar with UV Map.
I add 'Input UV Map' and connect to input vector in 'normal texture'....
I also try to connect separately to 'parameter' and 'albedo' with almost same result.... I don't know for the best...

At 'HowTo/Export from Blender using FBX' tutorial from N3V, there is no suggestion to connect the UV Map to one of texture material.

Thanks, again, I need to go to find solution for the problems I have....

Almost forgot, another thing ...
Color in TRS is lighter than in Blender.
So I need to darker the albedo texture to make TRS show the nicer looking ...

If the tutorial you refer to is the one with the mossy rocks then that is a tutorial I wrote, not N3V. The purpose of the tutorial is about exporting from Blender to FBX and not about mesh creation. I'm sure the provided Blender mesh was already UV mapped.

I hear what you say but I'm reluctant to a a UV mapping section because of the many on-line tutorials on the subject that would certainly do it better than me.

But maybe I could add a section that talks about the UV map and shows the provided map.

And, on your point about the albedo colour - yes, Blender is never going to show it exactly as in Blender because of the different rendering techniques. Sometimes I think one should make a temporary model using the intended materials and their textures as a "paint test". Materials can be saved as assets in Blender and, if you are using Substance Painter, you can save layer stacked materials to your Substance library. I often wonder if developers do that but no one ever talks about it.

Sometimes I think one should make a temporary model using the intended materials and their textures as a "paint test".
You're not far off the mark here Paul. When I worked for the consulting firm that did training videos, the 3d artist had a test model to ensure that his colors and lighting were video safe or didn't cause moiré patterns. He would plunk his cube into the scene and render it using the intended lighting to ensure everything was all set prior to doing the final renders which could take hours or sometimes days to write.

Is there in TRS 2019 a way to clear the cache of unused assets ?

In my case above, my floor is plaster texture. But then, I changed the texture to paving. I can change in Blender successfully (just change sets of the image texture), but after exporting to TRS, the surface was not change.
In Blender we can purge unused thing we do not use again.

I assume you are using a terrain texture asset? There is the "double untexture" in the Surveyor Paint list that acts like an eraser. Is that what you are after?

It may not rid your route of all links to your old texture.

I assume you are using a terrain texture asset? There is the "double untexture" in the Surveyor Paint list that acts like an eraser. Is that what you are after?

It may not rid your route of all links to your old texture.
No, just re-skin of my own platform from sand-surface to paving-surface.

It work If I put the new surface into new route.
BUT on older route. the surface wasn't change although it is same kuid. It still sand-surface.
This is why I think it is about clean or delete unused thing ...

Back