Can't download any Content ... Help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRG321

Hi,

Just bought this game off Steam so I'm new to it (Trainz 12), and so far I'm enjoying learning how to drive the diesels and electrics.

BUT ... I cannot download ANYTHING at all .. be it new routes or trains. Nothing works. I have tried using the Content manager to download and I've also tried to download directly from the Auron website itself. Nothing works, nothing downloads. I even paid for a 7 day 'First Class Ticket' and activated it, which didn't help either.

If I attempt to download from the Auron website; when I click to download something, the page dies and doesn't load. If I try to download anything from within the Content manager it simply doesn't download anything (speed 0kb/s) or it turns red and I get some sort of 'unknown content error'.

So, my question is: How do I download all this extra awesome content?? It's why I bought the game in the first place .... the original routes and trains you start off with aren't cutting it anymore. I really wanna get some Japan routes and trains etc.

Thanks

Welcome to Trainz and the forums mate.

To answer the download problem, your Trainz isn't registered to your account. To register, please visit this link: https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

without a registered version of Trainz, you can't download anything from content manager and probably the same for the website version of the DLS.

Hope it helps:)

Cheers,
Hiawathamr

Last edited:
Interesting,
Maybe you want to content helpdesk on this one and see what they suggest.

Or try it again later or see what others recommend

Went through all the trouble shooting steps. Allowed all the programs to go through my firewall, ran all programs in administrator mode. Even got a tech support guy to do a 'refresh' of my game and it still doesn't work. Sucks, I would have loved to have played the extra content.

Note that your game is not showing here on the forum. Compare my list of “stations” with those showing next to your name to understand what I mean.
To fix this, register your game to your account here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php
Be sure to use the same account there as you use on the forum and in game.

If you have registered your game at the link I gave you and you are using the same account in all places yet still can’t download, send a ticket to the Helpdesk. See link at the top of this page.

Also have you entered your username and password into the game settings? In TS2010 it was open options and select planet auran and enter your username and password that you used to get to this site.

It's still not working, below are the steps I've done so far:

- Registered my Trainz Simulator 12 CD-Key on the website (MyTrainz/Planet Auran). This is evident by it stating 'Registered Serial Numbers: Trainz 12 [*CD-Key here*]'
- Allowed ALL appropriate programs to go through my Firewall: Trainz.exe, TADDaemon.exe, TrainzUtil.exe etc
- Set the above programs to run in Administrator mode
- Purchased a '7-Day First Class Ticket'
- Opened a Help Ticket with the Hekpdesk where a tech guy 'refreshed' my game and gave advice in regards to allowing above mentioned programs through my firewall, and setting them to run in Administrator mode (which I already did anyway)
- Removed Username/Password in Trainz 12 options settings, closed game, re-opened game and re-entered Username/Password and saved it. Did the same for the Content Manager

- Attempting to download anything from the Content Manager results in an inability to download (0kb/s) followed by turning red stating 'Unknown Content Error'
- Attempting to download anything from the 'Download Station' on the website itself, results in the page not loading or crashing (be it via the 'Download FTP', 'Download Helper' or 'Download Cart' links), or on the random occasion it asks for a FTP authorization, I then enter the appropriate username/password; which still results in it not downloading or the page crashing/not loading
- I have attempted using multiple web browsers to download from the 'Download Station' - Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox; none work

I'm not sure what else I can try. Any ideas or is it safe to say it's kaput?

I don't know that I can help with the error too much, but I will say that I have found the DLS from the web side much less reliable than going directly through the program's Content Manager. You should be able to search the DLS from within TS12 itself, looking for routes and sessions that you can download (make sure you download compatible versions of assets that work with TS12).

By the way, the fact that your simulator doesn't show in your banner is no indication of DLS issues. You have to issue a trouble ticket to have the forum folks add this. Registering T:ANE and beyond might automatically update your forum profile, but older versions no longer do.

Good luck...

So, have you solved the problem? I'm going through exactly the same situation, I did everything that you did and I could not solve it and I do not know what else I do.

Please don't bump old thread and BTW your timeline is empty so that's the reason you can't download, register your copy and it'll works fine, illegitimate version won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back