Sad news about a Trainzer.

Sad.... RIP, But Question is What going to happen all his content in DLS? Will N3V plans to make his content included their next Trainz game in future?

I never got to know the man behind the vininibarb username, however his imput in the forums are positive, Bright and helpfull and thaughtfull. Rest in peace VB and my condolences to those left behind.

I had to come back, to say my condolences to VB and his family, he was a fellow Creator, like myself. He taught me some tricks which I have passed on to the new Creator's.No more pain, @ rest in the heavens. God bless VB, I am missing you already VB
Damon( The Rocker)
Seniorchief 61556

As one of the thousands he touched I also am saddened with his passing. My condolences to friends and family and a belated thanks for all the fun to Vinnybarb.

I too have known Vinny for quite some years and there was always something to learn from him. Rest in peace, Vinny sadly the beast got you anyway in the end.

John

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of Vinny's passing. I didn't know him personally but I do have hundreds of his creations installed and those will help his legacy live on.

Never knew the man behind the username personally, But Vinnybarb sure did make a huge impression on the Trainz forums and content creation. This is such a sad loss for all in the Trainz Community.

My families sincere condolences to Herbert's family and friends in this very sad time.

RIP Vinnybarb - May you finally be at peace.

VinnyBarb (Herbert Hohenburger),

We had never met, but we had many discussions, pms in the forum. You were my first teacher in Trainz when I started create contents. most of things in content creation I asked from him and he answered every question I asked. Some times he explained things like news paper pages. He was a good friend,teacher in my life.
I have lots of things to say, but I can only say at this time, good bye sir...
Rest In Peace Sir !!!

srs (Sashika Rangana)

Only just saw the notice in my email today.

He and I rarely spoke directly to each other, but I knew he had contributed a fair amount of content to the community. I didn't know him well at all, so I can't say much more then Best wishes and condolences to the family.... Someone else it sounds like It would have been interesting to know more of, assuming I hadn't already aggravated him, lol. Ke sera sera.

-Falcus

RIP Vinnybarb. I've always used your trains, because of the accuracy it has in it. You will be sorely missed

I hate to ask this question about someone who has passed away, but who is Vinny?

I am sorry, i feel bad that i didn't get to know him or even see his username at all. :(

His full user name was VinnyBarb. He has been a well known and well regarded member of the Trainz 'gang' since the very early days and was a prolific creator of Australian locomotives and structures.

Peter

Sad news indeed. I never knew his real name, but after seeing it in this thread, I suspect he may have had German ties. As many of you Trainzers know, I am also German.

Rest in Peace Vinny, you will never be forgotten in this Community.

One last Cheers

Your friend

AJ

With great sadness and much regret I have to tell the Trainz world that Vinnybarb , in real life, Herbert Hohenburger, lost his battle with cancer today.

He was diagnosed with the disease some years back and has been fighting an uphill battle ever since. He was in considerable pain towards the end so I feel that, to him, death came as a welcome release.

He was a loyal and very active Trainzer, and a very good friend of mine. I will miss him.

Rest in peace, Herbert, we will all miss you.

Peter

Hello Peter --

I am sure you know this -- Herbert's site!
http://www.vinnybarb.com/index.htm

I was looking at his screenshots that he posted up at the TANE thread, and it took me there to his site when I clicked to enlarge! I figure I mention it to you, since he told me once a good friend of his would take care all trainz related issues, and I am going to assume that is you!

That's all -- Take care, Peter!

Rest in peace, my dear net-friend Herbert, indeed!
Thank you for the couple instructions!!!

Ish

Ish

There may be a problem here. One thing that was not discussed was the future of his web site, that was probably one the least important things on his mind, and I must admit that because of other pressures I have not given it any thought. I don't know his website host and if I did, I don't know his password. I do have all his content, hopefully in CDP format, which I could host on one of my sites but only for access, no searchable web pages with images. One of his last actions was to give me a computer that he had loaded with all his assets and mesh files, perhaps he included his website details. I must dig through a couple of TBs and see what I can find.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Peter

Ish or any one else

There is a problem. Nothing on the computer he gave me relates to his web site. I will contact his brother, just in case he was given the details. I am doubtful about that, if Herbert forgot about telling me then it is likely that he did not tell his brother. At the same time I will ask him not to cancel the hosting.

I am open to suggestions.

Peter

Back