Farewell to a good friend

Hi Angela,

I just re-read the newspaper cutting you posted, and it sounds like you had a really romantic marriage :D. Meeting on a riverbank sounds more interesting that some of the other ways people meet too.

I'm lucky in that being young the only person I've lost is my Grandma, and that will be 10 years ago next year. It took a while to get over, but I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose a partner of 20 years. I'm pleased you've got photos though :) - I don't have a great number of photos of my Grandma. :(

If my memory serves me correctly, Louise created a rather tasteful memorial 158 - perhaps you could dedicate something to Alan in a similar way, when the grief subsides a bit?

BidMod.

Dear Angela,

Thanks for posting the cutting - broght back a number of memories - not of Alan directly, but I well remember Beconscot village.

Just to add to the pile of memories, I also went to school in Whitton (about '57 - 63), from the referece, just after Alan's time, though I also knew a young girl "Hailliday" at primary school

I've sailed on the Thames near Chertsey (accurately at Laleham - Chertsey Reach) and finally by Grandparents are remembered in Hanworth Crem.
Obviously we've weaved around the same locations...

With all best wishes,

Colin

Back