In memory of Vhm3 - Sadly no longer with us.

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I'm not sure if a lot of the people round here now will remember Vhm3, also known as Chip, but he was a Trainzer from the early days and a good friend. Mostly active before the big forum reboot, but was posting until around 2010.

Sadly in October 2011 he passed away due to cancer. I believe he was around 48 (if his Trainz profile is correct). Lived in San Jose but later moved to Bulgaria.

I did not think it was my place to spread the sad news, but now I realise there are people here who may remember him.

He was a great friend to me after meeting him through Trainz since 1.3 and helped me out on many an occasion with many things including PC problems, Trainz and Flight Sim (one of his other passions and hobbies). He always had a great sense of humour and enjoyed chatting.

Another Trainzer gone. Another monument on my route..

Sorry the news is so late, as I said, did not think it was my place, but then did not want his passing to be unknown as i'm sure he had many friends that could still be here.

Heres to Vhm3/Chip McClure
Fly high! Fly free!
1963-2011

David

Last edited:
Looked at all his fine creations (I have been enjoying them for many years) ... He will be remembered by all ... and surely is running Trainz forever, especially in our hearts.

I remember him well, we used to talk on messenger at times. His help and advice was much appreciated.

He will not be forgotten.

Craig
:):):)

P.S. Thanks David.

wow thanks Davie for letting us know. He was a good chat op as well in IRC back in the days! My condolences go out to the family.

I normally don't thank anyone for bad news, but I do thank you for letting us know Davie. Chip was a good guy, and far too young to die like that. His content will live on, and every time I scroll through his list of skies he will be remembered. May he rest in peace, and may his family be comforted by the Lord.:(

Yes talked to him a couple of times in e-mail, a very big loss to the Trainz community.

The measure of a person is, how many people remember them.

I told my son about Oscar Salpino (foreman of the PRR), although my son never met him, I tried to show my son all the photos, written material, and told my son all the stories about Oscar, and I passed down his legacy to others.

I know that Vhm3 is also one of those great persons, that will remain in all our memories and hearts.

Back