Speed Build Project

I can't find the video where Norm was sitting on the couch with his pet Wienerdog, and the dog was standing on the TV remote control channel changer ... it was a gas !

And Norm said: "Whoa Whoa ... Much too fast Wienerdog" !

Hi mrmegaminer, You've made a huge effort in creating all these videos, and for what purpose I am not sure. Being purely constructive, if you created the videos for instruction or tuition, then quite seriously, they should be slowed down to a snail pace and should have verbal audio rather than fast playing music. In this way, other people can learn from what you have created.

However if you wanted to display how you've gone from 'Go to Whoa' by laying the first piece of track and highlighting all the major actions until you have the finished article; then only do it on a single video.

You've got to remember the majority of people's attention span is about 3 to 4 minutes maximum; and then they get really bored. So condense your work and edit-out un-necessary repetitious material.

Make your videos a pleasure to watch and good luck.

Cheers,
Roy3b3
PS: I've had past experience many years ago putting together short documentaries and after around 9 or 10 minutes, people start yawning. When that happens, you've got to change the theme or up the mode to maintain their interest. Keep that in mind.

went away on holidays for a while, but now i am back and be sure i will consider all the advice, also can someone help with the tree problem displayed at the end of this video

Last edited:
I'm impressed with the videos, well done, but as already mentioned a little to fast at time. While I appreciate we all get in close when building our creations I also think you might consider zoom out now and then and slow down just for a few seconds so the viewer can see where your creativity is going. I stopped the video and searched the time line.

Three questions if I may. 1) Does the route function and how many hour of work/enjoyment do you think each minute of video represents. My current creation is 14 months old with a few years left to go at this rate. 2) You use quite a few cross-over tracks, how do you signal them to prevent one train apparently passing through another, its been an ongoing discussion on the Forum for some time. 3) What is the asset name of the large container station you placed in the first video, I've seen it in the Trainz Gallery but never spotted it on the DLS. Peter

Three questions if I may. 1) Does the route function and how many hour of work/enjoyment do you think each minute of video represents. My current creation is 14 months old with a few years left to go at this rate. 2) You use quite a few cross-over tracks, how do you signal them to prevent one train apparently passing through another, its been an ongoing discussion on the Forum for some time. 3) What is the asset name of the large container station you placed in the first video, I've seen it in the Trainz Gallery but never spotted it on the DLS. Peter
1)hard to say really, but most of the videos tend to be an hour or more of work
2) i only have 1 actual crossover the rest are just junctions (cant think of the right name for the type), the tracks dont actually cross
3)i will have to look at that for you

Watching speed building projects can at times be a little like watching paint dry I agree, but even now and I've been using Surveyor for close on 10 years, I still frequently see different ways of approaching a build which makes life easier, makes the build more realistic and so forth. Peter

Watching speed building projects can at times be a little like watching paint dry I agree, but even now and I've been using Surveyor for close on 10 years, I still frequently see different ways of approaching a build which makes life easier, makes the build more realistic and so forth. Peter
Truth, i learnt a lot from speed builds, anyhow two new videos...
episode 14 is uploaded, cant post link and episode 15 is the latest and longest at just under 10mins

Back