Is anyone else currently struggling to download assets?

Hi all,

I recently got Trainz 2010 working again after a fairly big crash. I'm trying to re-download a few assets that, it seems, weren't copied over when I copied my local folder. Is anyone else getting the following message?

"Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later..."

I normally wouldn't ask, as I know the DLS goes down from time to time, but I'm only asking now because I'm very apprehensive about my install at the moment and I have a feeling it may be my laptop doing this.

Regards, Jack

The message is correct. If you haven't got a FCT then you will have problems downloading at the moment as the free DLS server has too many users connecting to it. As for the First Class one, that one seems to be OK at the moment.

Shane

Cheers Shane,

I do know the DLS has issues at times. Especially with the recent release of T:ANE, people use the DLS a lot after a new game is released. I remember it was the same a few years ago when Trainz 12 was released. Knowing the issue isn't just with my laptop is great news for me personally. I trust those wonderful Australian server technicians will be online soon to sort the problem...meanwhile, I'm off to bed! Downloads can wait 'til tomorrow! :D

Muchas gracias Shane!

Sigh, I posted in the thread I started it for, so I'll post it here as well....

http://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php
according to most recent, the DLS should be ok now. 8PM EST Sunday night so all the kiddies should be in bed by now (Thank god!).

But earlier it looked like this:
3f5e3fdf017003cb86e8e8cf294207ef.jpg

-Falcus

I looked at TS12 and have over 900 new updated uploads so the DLS is over loaded.

I know it's off-topic, but I wanted to go ahead and let you know that T:ANE flagged at least your Norfolk & Western passenger cars as faulty because the art_icon.tga is both a texture and used as a thumbnail, or something like that. I solved it by using Gimp to convert the offending .tga file to a .jpg file. I also changed the confiig file to reflect this change, committed it, and now it works.

Sigh, I posted in the thread I started it for, so I'll post it here as well....

-Falcus
I decided to wait on energizing my FCT for a while, thinking that it might be best to wait a while for faulty content to be updated and so forth. Now you give me another good reason to wait a while longer...

I know it's off-topic, but I wanted to go ahead and let you know that T:ANE flagged at least your Norfolk & Western passenger cars as faulty because the art_icon.tga is both a texture and used as a thumbnail, or something like that. I solved it by using Gimp to convert the offending .tga file to a .jpg file. I also changed the confiig file to reflect this change, committed it, and now it works.

Easiest fix for that is to go and duplicate the offending files. Then change the file name in the config to be that of the duplicated file rather than the original. Problem solved.

Back