Model Railroadz

... meanwhile, back in smoke-stack USA (full screen / 1080p):

Very much work in progress. It's another T:ANE traction layout (as is the Bidye in the Deluxe T:ANE).

The working title is "The Shortz & Kerliez Traction Railroad".

Now all I need is some nice kind content creator to do something like this:

thumbnail_large.jpg~original

and:

DTC_pic03.jpg~original

Nice factory at the beginning.
I think PWeiser made some traction stuff. Also, you might wanna take at look at this RDG catenary sytem on the DLS, for a more US-look.
:)

Layot looking good as normal.

Have downloaded the first one freelance GE loco type 2 locomotive updated and freelance SN 652 traction locomotive updated, first one is renumable the 2nd one looks like freelance BLW Traction loco but only has poles that might be able to be swapped out and repainted the same company.
20150728_080747_zps3pxvel01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just be warned the overhead height was different that what you have been using but the updated locomotive says it has varible height now.

On your downtown traction TS12

The signals are to do with phills AI control system to stop you and them crashing, the new system he is now using works a lot better but you do get yo see lots of those signals.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks eso and a very nice route yourself!
Well made some more progress today, and also if it isn't noticable these scenes are all based off of real locations. Forgive the surveyor shot. :)
dd76417e60f4b69e70cdb44a1ece5fd3.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments and awesome looking stuff Eso and Coleton. For those who asked I use drstrach grass and grass loading dock for along the edges because they blend together pretty well. The road is by gfisher.
And just so I have a screenshot here is a shot from the new WIP bridge scene staring the new club car item.

The Shortz & Kerliez Traction Railroad

Best watched full screen and in 1080p.

Smoke-stack USA. Rust. Dirt. Grime. Decay.

The Shortz & Kerliez Railroad was an electrified short line that began freight services in the early part of the Twentieth Century, linking Port Shortz with the Kerliez iron works.

The railroad expanded and prospered over several decades as numerous industries established themselves around the port and the iron works.

This shows the line in its heydays before its demise in the late '60s.

We follow an AI train as it works its way around the layout from one portal to another. The layout is configured so that Player trainz can also work from one yard to the next, interacting with the AI traffic.

Phil

Last edited:
I have a question for you Model Trainz building pros. How do you build a table with curved edges without parts of the baseboard sticking through? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

You need a ground spline wide enough to cover any dig holes. The JS series of splines work really well, otherwise the FMA retaining walls turned backwards are an option.

Back