Model Railroadz

Jib228_20150718_0000_zpscynzktug.jpg

A southbound grain train passes the Wixom turn on my N scale layout.

And now I has a sad...

Nice little mini layout. If all the threads in screenshots except for one were being removed, and I could pick one to save, I'd go with Model Railroadz. So many good pics!

Everyone here on this thread is doing great with there layouts and designing them there own way. :) I hope someone can help me with this problem I have? I'm designing a double deck staging model railroad layout with a helix for a southern pacific blueprint I found online. I don't know how to design it precisely or what I even need to use. I know how to build massive yards, different scenery with trees, and other things but a double deck layout or triple, not my cup of tea. Is there anybody that can give me steps or put a video on youtube on how to do it? I really appreciate it.

Thanks Lukas

Dig holes mate...you're gonna need a whole lotta dig holes. Download the model rr pack from JR, that will give you some materials you need, Davesnow also has some good model rr stuff on the DLS. The problem with building on two decks or even three decks is that you can only properly texture one of them. You'll have to use splines to texture the upper deck.

Is there anybody that can give me steps or put a video on youtube on how to do it? I really appreciate it.
Basics first. Here you can find a lot of "how to" and the assets made for "Model Railroadz":
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?109444-Making-Model-Railroadz
... and of course loads of digholes found on the DLS in various shapes and sizes.

Here is an example of a multi level layout I made with custom assets:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?105731-Multi-Level-Layout

If you want to do it without custom assets, you will have to use ground covering splines.

Well that's great because I wanted to texture the top deck too and the bottom but now, you can only do the bottom. I have the MRR packs from davesnow and the pack from JR. I saw someone on this thread that has double deck and texture on the top but now I can't find it. Don't you have to lock in the layers too if you want to do double decks?

One of my less often seen projects. This was the beginnings of a model rr club. The plan was to have a bunch of model rr's, each made by a different user, each housed in a separate room, with tracks running between the rooms and connecting the layouts. Then we could've set it up kinda like the PA Shortline Group over at USLW. However, plans fell through, and the project was never realized. Recently I've started back on my module of the layout, as I felt that it had some untapped potential.

Shots:

Can some one please tell me how to change the build number on a lay out
It seems Lego207 has built a few good looking routes but his build number is 3.8
and it won't show up in survoyer
Thank you in advance
Chris Sullivan

Can some one please tell me how to change the build number on a lay out
It seems Lego207 has built a few good looking routes but his build number is 3.8
and it won't show up in survoyer
Thank you in advance
Chris Sullivan

It should be a simple fix, really.

Go into CM and find the object in question. Right click on it and click "Edit in Explorer".

Get into the folder for the item from there, and open up the config.txt. Locate the build (ctrl+f and enter 3.8) and change it to the build you need. TS12 will need 3.7.

If you're using T:ANE, it should work (except all trees) but I offer no T:ANE support.

Mind you, TSMac 2's CM is wildly different from TS12, so this knowledge stems from friends who have TS12...
Cheers,
SM

Hi there Lego Thank you for your help mate
all is good now
I love your layouts very nice indeed I can't wait to see what you come out with next
PM me any time
again Thank You

Chad, I really like your road and grass verge - it blends real nice with the terrain. What asset are they please?

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Nice shots Montana. Here's a couple from a WIP I've been mucking around with for the last couple of days.

h1nslz32.ie4.jpg

z2lrzz3x.qvy.jpg

Back