Model Railroadz

...Anyone up for some British model railroading?...

I did start a thread about this a while back but it kind of died a death, possibly not many forum posters into UK or European model railways - or even just UK/Europen railways, period ?

My signature shows one of my contributions.

Chris

My NG36 Model Railroad. The working name is the Allegheny and West Virginia. Please excuse the ruler in some shots.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%207.30.20%20PM_zpss5piti2p.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%207.30.39%20PM_zpssug4q2v0.png

Yes, this is an oil refueling dock.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%207.29.59%20PM_zps4uhz8exu.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%207.29.21%20PM_zpsftdkdy8t.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%207.29.52%20PM_zps6c0jdolb.png

Well I guess that's all of them, I have 2 other routes of this type to finish up.

Thank you! Here's some more, from another, earlier, layout. They should be decent though.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%208.02.23%20PM_zpspfah7x6c.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%208.02.31%20PM_zpsurgthcxi.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%208.02.11%20PM_zpstpz0isd0.png
[/IMG]
A tip for backwoods, down-home, NG route builders: Use Bendorsey, Slugsmasher and DES buildings. You might not think they're pretty good, but trust me. Most of the assets I use are by those content creators. Sames goes for rolling stock. For logging stuff you can't beat Slugsmasher or Bendorsey. I also use Trainz Forge rolling stock, but tend to use their locos less as they are more mainline and less "water pump, toolbox, tools, sacks, crates, and barrels on the pilot" locomotives.

I did start a thread about this a while back but it kind of died a death, possibly not many forum posters into UK or European model railways - or even just UK/Europen railways, period ?

My signature shows one of my contributions.

Chris

Hi there Itareus I have just got interested in English and uk model railroading since my wife
bought me the wrong magazine she got me the "'MODEL RAIL'" which is a English
and the mag is pretty good

So here I am trying to build ENGLISH so at the moment I am looking for a good big station
so if you can give me any help on this projet that would be welcome

Chris Sullivan

Off the Wall

Hi there Itareus I have just got interested in English and uk model railroading since my wife
bought me the wrong magazine she got me the "'MODEL RAIL'" which is a English
and the mag is pretty good

So here I am trying to build ENGLISH so at the moment I am looking for a good big station
so if you can give me any help on this projet that would be welcome

Chris Sullivan

Having earlier suggested garden railroads, and disregarding the currently somewhat fraught status of content creation, has anyone made Trainz Maerklin- or Hornby-style track and trackside assets, in the way that there is Lionel-style track and (a few) Plasticville accessories?

has anyone made Trainz Maerklin trackside assets?
Not the best looking in the world, but:
Transformers and controls, model railroad, kuid2:645812:97905:2
Transformers and controls, model railroad /wo base, kuid:645812:97920​

controls_1.jpg

Build version 3.3, so probably not available for TS2009.

Having earlier suggested garden railroads . . .

I've been thinking the same thing for a while. The only problem is that content has to be made specifically for this. This includes outdoor furniture, plants, trees, rocks, etc., all of which would have to be made in proportion to the trains so that the trains look like scale models. For example, a G scale train, which has a ratio of 1:22.5, the furniture would have to be 22.5 times it's actual size to allow keep it looking like it's a Model Railroadz. Right now people are focused on making content for indoor Model Railroadz, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in taking Model Railroadz into the yard. You could call them 'Garden Railroadz'.

Last edited:
i know the bradford grain mill is on the DLS but what are those other grain storage bins and assets called that are right beside the mill?

Engineers

I've been thinking the same thing for a while. The only problem is that content has to be made specifically for this. This includes outdoor furniture, plants, trees, rocks, etc., all of which would have to be made in proportion to the trains so that the trains look like scale models. For example, a G scale train, which has a ratio of 1:22.5, the furniture would have to be 22.5 times it's actual size to allow keep it looking like it's a Model Railroadz. Right now people are focused on making content for indoor Model Railroadz, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in taking Model Railroadz into the yard. You could call them 'Garden Railroadz'.

Not to mention 135-foot engineers riding on the tenders (or a convenient gondola just behind the diesels). No low bridges or tunnels in that case! Or am I thinking of 1:12 live steam there?

A little something I did a few months ago.

85d76b510fd8d0289bceee71763a559a.jpg
11abde23b45eb26a6ef9afc0677aee3f.jpg
bf48d595f60a845a2f849786f853cb42.jpg

Now you can put those giant speed trees to use:cool:

Back