How dumb is trainz and CM3.7???

gremlin1812

G'day, I had trainz 12 build-61388 working quite well untill it dicided to spit the dummy and freeze while running a route that I have run many times before without problem. I have been ensuring all broken assets are fixed and there are no missing dependencies to avoid this situation.
After leaving trainz overnight to hopefully sort it out, which did not work so I used task manager to close trainz, TADDaemon.exe remained so I went out for a coffee and when I came back it was still there and had not had any activity so I used Task Manager to close it as well.
I then shut down the pc and came back later, restarted it and launched trainz which of course wanted to do a database repair, so I left it to it and when it had run its course I closed trainz (normally) and allowed TADDaemon.exe to do it's thing and close and then restarted the PC then started trainz and I noticed that both TADDaemon.exe and TrainzUtil.exe were working so I checked this out and found them to be very buisy and remained so for just on an hour, why? This seems to be one of the things that would cause trainz to have stutters and such. Further to this I noticed that routes that had previously been without error of any kind were now missing dependancies, not just one or two but nearly half of them.
I then looked further and found that although I had the latest dependancies any that called for the origional file which was not a kuid2 were the problem, trainz just could not see that they were obsoleted by the kuid2's so what do I do now, manually download all of these assets and put them into trainz just to be told that they are obsolete?
Here is a screen shot.
Dumb_trainz.jpg

So here I am with routes and other assets which were previously fine now missing assets which are NOT really missing, how dumb it this!!!
I sincearly hope that the "trainz-a new erea is not going to be "trainz-a new error" like this.
If there is some sort of magical cure I hope someone will let me in on it as I am just about at the end of my tether with this as all was going well and have had similar situations with TS10 and TS12 pre SP1 whithout this problem. I have since done an Extended database repair to no avail situation still remains the same.
Regards
Barrie

Strange to relate, a couple of days ago thought I would do the upgrade from 49922 to 61388 on my development machine. What a disaster that turned out to be! A small route freezing up repeatedly in Surveyor and CMP 3.7 freezing on trying to navigate or select items to download. I also had a number of items in the pick list which worked fine in 49922 redded out in 61388 so undoubtedly missing from any WIP routes where I placed them. Now uninstalling and getting ready to reinstall back to 49922 only, as there's no easy way to rollback the version.

Although I didn't subscribe to the Kickstarter in the end, I just hope for the sake of those who did TANE is not going to be more of the same! :)

I then looked further and found that although I had the latest dependancies any that called for the origional file which was not a kuid2 were the problem, trainz just could not see that they were obsoleted by the kuid2's so what do I do now, manually download all of these assets and put them into trainz just to be told that they are obsolete?...

...So here I am with routes and other assets which were previously fine now missing assets which are NOT really missing, how dumb it this!!!...

Barrie,
I observed a similiar issue, although not under your exact circumstances, last night with CM3.7. I have numerous assets, the majority are built in, showing "older" updates available. Tried using asset version tab to attempt to update/fix. My last resort as I headed out the door to work today was to start an EDR. I wish I had read your post before then so I could have avoided that step. Although I know often an EDR is the only solution to some issues, I hate doing them because I have to go back in and reset all my favorites, etc(BTW, if someone knows a way to maintain my favorite settings(routes, etc.) while doing an EDR, I would be most grateful).

My hope is that this is a momentary glitch in the asset update process with CM. If it is a larger issue, or something we have going on locally on our machines, I hope some of the experts here or at NV3 will weigh in.

Appreciate the post so I know I'm not alone in seeing this particular piece of your issue.
Joe

Last edited:
I am currently having the same problem. I did my daily trawl through the new downloads to see if there was anything of interest. I downloaded 3 updated assets. The Content Manager was slow to respond. On examining the taddaemon display it was validating assets. I allowed it to complete the task (~ 2hours on my machine). I then went to check the updates only to find over 2000 updates required. Checking these out they are all for older obsoleted kuids. I have deleted the newly installed updated assets and I am just doing an EDR (I started it before I read your post) but I suspect this isn't going to help. I don't understand why this can happen when I haven't done anything I don't normally do with the Content Manager.

I'd hold off doing anything to fix things at present, seems to be some server issues which may be causing these errors.

Thank you Malc. I have just been reading the other threads. I should have remembered that there are always server problems during the Christmas/New Year break :)

Thank you Malc. I have just been reading the other threads. I should have remembered that there are always server problems during the Christmas/New Year break :)

It's a bit late and I thought we dodged the bullet this year.

As we speak, my CM is doing its validating assets. I have another 24,000 bits to go through so I'll find something else to do for now and later!

If you do a database repair, you will sometimes see many missing dependencies due to faulty assets. Checking the faulty assets in Content Manager resyncs the database it seems and many of the so-called missing and broken assets disappear.

John

John, I agree about false positive faulty assets but these missing dependencies stubbornly remain missing :)

Hi Steve,

I too just found this out myself! We've got a doozy on our hands at the moment.

I wonder, and I mentioned this to Shane in a PM, if this is related to the recent server update (well a couple of months ago), and the new year rollover.

John

Check your DLC, mines all disabled and that's what's causing the missing but not missing dependencies, I advise do nothing for the moment. and yes I run online so it shouldn't be the monthly DLC DRM check, looks like that's the cause of this annoyance though.

Check your DLC, mines all disabled and that's what's causing the missing but not missing dependencies, I advise do nothing for the moment. and yes I run online so it shouldn't be the monthly DLC DRM check, looks like that's the cause of this annoyance though.

I've just noticed that myself. Agreed. Let's sit tight and hold on for the bumpy ride. :)

John

UPDATE: I have sent in a ticket to the helpdesk. Hopefully someone is monitoring the queue as I set this as critical as this affects the community and not just my installation.

Last edited:
Count me in on this debacle. A couple of my consists are missing dependencies and they all are DLC (NKP, T1, Aerotrain, etc.). According to CM 3.7, my NKP DLC assets have newer versions available, but they won't download.

The DRM server is borked, lucky for N3V that they have already collected the pledges... I can't do anything now, not even test my new content.

Paul

Just sent off a critical ticket as well, TS12HF4 plus DLC is totally unusable and I'm not convinced that due to the excessive validating going on with SP1 and no DLC, that there might be problems about to happen there.

This is doing nothing to help N3V's case for DRM if this sort of mess is going to happen and may well be now putting off any late backers to T2 as well.

What's the betting the "Admin" is off until monday.

Last edited:
G'day, well I see now this is bigger than I thought and quite a lot of people are now affected by this debarcle. Meanwhile TS12 pre SP1 is ok as is TS10, TS09 and TRS06. this would seem to confirm that indeed DRM is the problem, so now the majority of my routes and sessions are unusable, great job N3V just as well I keep my older versions (without DRM) going at least I can play trainz on them without any problem.
So much for N3V saying that DRM would NOT be an issue unless you were off line for more than a month as my SP1 is no line all of the time so that kills that theory.
I do hope N3V are having a nice holiday as they will have to seriously clean the fan blades before they start up, if you know what I mean.
Regards
Barrie

Kinda makes you wonder if those pesky fellows from the DLS Spamming Project (Krash_01, Vologda, Runtik, et al) may have actually got something to do with this...or some other group of un-happy anti-DRM group...???

--It is pretty common knowledge, that the "hen house" is unprotected this time of year, perhaps the "fox" has gotten hungry and bold.

Kinda makes you wonder if those pesky fellows from the DLS Spamming Project (Krash_01, Vologda, Runtik, et al) may have actually got something to do with this...or some other group of un-happy anti-DRM group...???

--It is pretty common knowledge, that the "hen house" is unprotected this time of year, perhaps the "fox" has gotten hungry and bold.

That's a good point, actually. Maybe one of the, what appeared to be innocuous assets, really had a script somewhere to trigger a hack. Makes you wonder...

John

That's a good point, actually. Maybe one of the, what appeared to be innocuous assets, really had a script somewhere to trigger a hack. Makes you wonder...

John

more so now than ever, with some of the "Reserved" assets being recently filled with actual content...

I am have the same issue , a numerous assets mainly 'built in' are showing "older" updates available.

I have run EDR a couple times and no change. Also have three 'built in' that are "open for edit" and will not revert or revert to original.

Jeff

Back