Windows 32bit PAE Patches

barryg

Hi all.

Quite a while ago i posted a link to a patch that enabled windows 7 32bit to use all installed ram, and not just upto 3.25MB. There now exists newer patches for Vista+SP2 32bit, Win7 32bit, Win7+SP1 32bit, and 1 for Windows 8. All can be downloaded from -

http://wj32.org/wp/2011/02/23/pae-patch-updated-for-windows-7-sp1/

Installing involves using the Command Prompt in Admin Mode. If you follow the included instructions exactly, there will be no problems.

I have installed and tested the Windows 7+Sp1 32bit patch and have 8GB of ram available. I haven't tried the others so i cannot say they work, though user comments on the site are favourable. As always please either make an image backup of your system, or at the least make a Restore point just in case.

Regards

I see several comments listed on that page, enough to discourage going through the trouble of applying this to a 32bit system. I would suggest not bothering, you will probably have problems with other software or drivers that cannot work above 4GB.

Paul

Hello That program for max 4 GB not for 8GB your motherboard handle limit GB Should use windows 7 64bit max out! You need upgrade to 64bit!

John

Back