Trees and their reflections flashing white at random in TANE and Trainz 2019

d0g

Hello all,

I am having some graphical issues with both TANE and Trainz 2019. It involves random trees occasionally changing color to white rapidly and then changing back, which resembles flashing. Different trees tend to do it at random with no pattern. Water reflections also do this from time to time. This happens enough to be an annoyance, as sometimes it happens every few seconds.There are also occasional artifacts of certain objects that flash in random places on the screen, also in white. That part isn't very common, but it does rarely happen.

My specs are below:

Windows 10
AMD Vega 56 video card
Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
2 TB HDD
500 GB SSD
16 GB RAM
144 HZ Freesync Monitor, set to 144 HZ with Freesync enabled

I have TRS 2019 at the current settings:

1920x1080 @ 144 HZ
Vertical Sync: Half
Shadow Quality: Off
Shader Quality: Standard
Texture Detail: High
Post Processing: High
Water Quality: High
Detail Scenery: Clutter + Turf FX
Antialiasing: 4x
Detail Update Rate: Ultra
PhysX simulation: Off
Process objects behind camera: Off

I have experimented with various settings to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

I've only seen this in TRS19, never Tane, and as best I can recall only Aurans Eucalyptus trees. Think it's widely known, but no idea why.

Is there any way of turning off how certain trees respond to environmental lighting conditions ? I've tried changing "light" to zero in the config and it makes no difference.

Is there any way of turning off how certain trees respond to environmental lighting conditions ? I've tried changing "light" to zero in the config and it makes no difference.

Light 0 was obsoleted in TS12 and no longer actually does anything! May be related to antialiasing settings, if only on 4 try 8?

@d0g try Vertical Sync: off?

Also maybe see if process objects behind camera on makes any difference?

During the MPS beta, we reported a z-buffer issue with some of the trees flickering. Rob noted it and it's been added to the TBD list. Outside of a few trees doing this, I have never seen water flicker and flash unless it was too shallow and suffered from fighting coplanar faces.

I've only seen this in TRS19, never Tane, and as best I can recall only Aurans Eucalyptus trees. Think it's widely known, but no idea why.
There was an update which cured the Tree Eucalypt flashiness a couple of months ago. From memory they're on the DLS. 200kms away from my Trainz PC at the moment, makes it hard to check.
cheers
Graeme the pincushion

From a quick look they have an upload date of 21st of July 2020, however they seem to all be builtins now.

Light 0 was obsoleted in TS12 and no longer actually does anything! May be related to antialiasing settings, if only on 4 try 8?

@d0g try Vertical Sync: off?

Also maybe see if process objects behind camera on makes any difference?

Thanks for info. I'll do some experimenting and report back if successful.

Back