Trainz Plus Beta 117092 & TRS22 Pre-Release 117118

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Two new patches out today, more to come tomorrow. We'll also update this page with more info a little later today.

NOTE: This is not the final build but we're getting close! The main point of this build is to enable testing of MPS by TRS22 owners, and to check out the latest content updates.

Trainz Plus Patch
Trainz Plus Beta 116912 to Trainz Plus Beta 117092 (PC) - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream

TRS22 Retail Patch
TRS22 Early Access 116492 to TRS22 Pre-Release 117118 (PC) - TRS22 Beta patch stream

Trainz Plus vs Retail
To make it clearer which build is which, we will no longer be providing Trainz Plus features through "Retail" builds.

Note that in this update, there are people who are on 116492 who are Trainz Plus members, or TRS22 retail owners. Therefore if you are a Trainz Plus member and choose the TRS22 stream, you will end up with a retail build and lose access to your Trainz Plus features.

Of course you can reinstall Trainz Plus from MyTrainz, but we want to make it clear about the differentiation.

This change means also that there will now be Retail updates alongside Trainz Plus updates, since retail owners will still need access to MPS for example.

Of course, Trainz Plus members will still get additional exclusive features.

Changelist:
tba

Multiplayer Surveyor - Jump in and have some online fun

We will be conducting online testing over the next week.

We'd like to get as many people as possible online at the same time to ensure the servers are capable of supporting larger numbers.

To participate, you will need one of the following builds:
- the Steam TRS22 beta version - 117113
- the N3V Games TRS22 store version - 117118
- the Trainz Plus version - 117092

Co-ordination for the test will be through our Discord "MPS" Channel.

DISCORD LINK

ADHOC TESTING
If you haven't already done so, patch to the latest version and jump in right now to check out MPS

STRESS TEST TIMES:
Test 1
PST: Thursday 24 March - 1:00 am
EST: Thursday 24 March - 4:00 am
GMT - Thursday 24 March - 8:00 am
AEST - Thursday 24 March - 6:00 pm

Test 2
PST: Thursday 24 March - 4:00 pm
EST: Thursday 24 March - 7:00 pm
GMT - Thursday 24 March - 11:00 pm
AEST - Friday 25 March - 9:00 am

TRS22 Content Update
The five TRS22 routes have all been updated and are ready to download. We would encourage everyone to check out the updates and report any issues through this Feedback Form.

Please note that these updates require the latest version to be installed to ensure you have all the correct content. If you are missing any items please check that you have updated to the latest build (numbers are above).

Last edited:
(Trainz Plus Beta 117092 (PC)
44MB patch installer took seconds to download and somewhat longer to install/ validate. (Spends quite a bit of time verifying target folders before actually installing).
Prebuild command in TrainzUtil.exe took 4 minutes and 23 seconds for entire database.
Initial DBR 18 seconds.
All my preferences and Trainz settings were retained.
First impressions - before more thorough testing to follow - Opens quickly (whilst still pre-caching despite having run Prebuild earlier) and routes and sessions appear to run correctly and UI seems intact/ functional as normal.
Impressive FPS and graphics smoothness on detailed routes/ sessions.
Thank you N3V!

Last edited:
Video Card GTX1080 Ti,
AMD 5900X.

Others are not reporting this issue as they have newer Video Cards,
is there a Compatibility issue that has come up with the 10 Series Cards?

Hard Frame Rate hit in Surveyor and Driver un-paused is still present in this new Build, also show in the main Surveyor menu when Sliding the route List back and forth heavy Jerky motion, not smooth as it was in the Build 116492 Using the older Test Map 4.9.
When Paused it is very smooth moving around in Surveyor, and Driver.

Did an clean uninstall of this Build 117092, and reinstalled the Build 116492 and it was fine with the fps, and no heavy fps hits.
Updated again to this version and the hard fps hits are back again also Using the older Test Map 4.9, then saved to 5.1 the issues with the fps are the same.
kind Regards
Cheers.

Last edited:
@jeff, the AA settings are back, have you tried setting it lower?

TY Tony and crew, update was quick

still mouse movement is a bit too coarse for me
seems the missing track on screenshots was fixed
good job

@G.M.
Yes I have tried many different settings, I also turned off G-sync and it had no effect.
Setting it to a very low Graphics setting does not smooth it out. Tried different setting in my Nvidia Control Panel to no avail.
Other PC has the GTX 1080 Ti also.

My Friend Carl Lewis has no issues with his New Laptop, as he has the RTX 3070 Video card.
I have 2 Identical PCs the other one is much newer than the one I am using most of the Time, and it has the same Video issues with these later 2022 Builds, and no issues with the the 2022-116492 or Trainz 2019.

Something strange has happened to the streaming Quality, even the main menu has the fps hard hits.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Quick patch, all seems OK so far, frame rates are up, nice and smooth with no stuttering, the tracking Camera Issue now fixed.
There are no issues here with my GTX1080TI and never have been. I'm on Win11 Insider Beta.

Hello clam1952.
Very interesting indeed, Windows 11? How do you like that version?
maybe I need to update from Windows 10-64 to 11.

What is weird is that both of my PCs experience this issue with these later updates, and yes all other aspects of the update is very good a lot of things fixed.

Being a PC Tech I will eventually figure it out, but why no issues with the 116492? Has me pulling Nose Hairs. Lol.
I did find out that several animated assets in a close area makes it more of a fps Herk. When I remove any type of animated content it does smooth out, but the Test Map is very small, even tried creating a new test Map to make sure there were no corruptions.
Cheers.

Last edited:
your GTX 1080 Ti, should be enough to run it smooth
in benchmark its close to my GTX 1660 Ti and I have most on high/ultra with AA 8x
but PhysX turned off always

your GTX 1080 Ti, should be enough to run it smooth
in benchmark its close to my GTX 1660 Ti and I have most on high/ultra with AA 8x
but PhysX turned off always

Yes PhysX is always turned off on my setup also.
When I monitor the fps it is at a locked 60fps and usually very smooth with V-sync on. It does drop to 58fps when the Herk happens, but no lower than that. the Video Card shows hardly any load even when set to Max Performance, Temps are 48c.

Last edited:
The five TRS22 routes have all been updated and are ready to download.

Only three updates were available in Content Store (Liskeard to Looe, Beloreck and West from Denver) and only Liskeard to Looe shows a new version. Build 117092.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I just installed the patch (build 117092). There's an issue : 2 trains must couple. The first, which contains a schedule, waits for the second to pair. This one also contains a schedule whose last instruction is "couple to" (... obviouly the first :hehe:). As soon as the two trains are coupled, the schedule of the first train disappears. Before this update, everything worked normally (yesterday for example).

@jeff, the AA settings are back, have you tried setting it lower?

TY Tony and crew, update was quick

still mouse movement is a bit too coarse for me
seems the missing track on screenshots was fixed
good job

May i ask what is AA setting?

Hi everyone,

I just installed the patch (build 117092). There's an issue : 2 trains must couple. The first, which contains a schedule, waits for the second to pair. This one also contains a schedule whose last instruction is "couple to" (... obviouly the first :hehe:). As soon as the two trains are coupled, the schedule of the first train disappears. Before this update, everything worked normally (yesterday for example).

You may have just been lucky to couple them. You can't have two drivers in the same consist as only one of them can take control. It is more often than not that the last driver takes control. You need to move one driver out.

the patch download/install and EDBR went by quick and getting nice frames too, but there seems to be an issue with the baseboards when adding and using the copy and paste tool, other than, nice work.

Last edited:
You may have just been lucky to couple them. You can't have two drivers
in the same consist as only one of them can take control. It is more
often than not that the last driver takes control. You need to move one
driver out.

Maybe I'm lucky, but that doesn't explain why it worked for several months maybe even a whole year, but not since installing the patch!

Hi everyone,

Another issue after patching : this asset "PML3 route invisible" (<KUID2:169344:29998:1>) is normally invisible in driver mode, this is no longer true after the update.

allo Antoine, this could be the same issue, you can see in the beta Schwaninger land thread
what now is know as "the red carpet" bug, as if surveyor only no longer works as before
there is a fix but not sure I want to fix thousands of items here

Back