Why have Trainz systems developed after TS-2009 limited the number of Routes provided, and made it impossible to edit if you use payware?

jdauvil

Why have Trainz systems developed after TS-2009 limited the number of Routes provided, and made it impossible to edit if you use payware?

The situation regarding editing payware routes is not as black and white as you have painted.

Payware route creators have the right to protect their work from editing if they wish. This is done by providing the route in an encrypted form. Again, as the legal copyright holder, that is their right.

Payware routes that are not encrypted can be edited by firstly cloning them. You can then edit the clone as much as you like but the original DLC route must be present in your copy of Trainz. You can even upload your cloned route to the DLS but it can only be used by others who already own the original DLC payware route.

On the question of the number of DLC routes that are available post TS2009 I have no opinion since I am not a great user of DLC.

You can use older DLCs that you have purchased or downloaded from the DLS or 3rd party freeware even if they aren't compatible with TANE, TRS19 or TRS22! It takes only one thing to change in the config file. I will leave that part up to you to figure it out!

N3V employees create very little content outside of Zec Murphy DLC included. It's up to the community content-creators to provide routes when requested to be included in the various Trainz versions.

Any route or session that's not yours will be cloned automatically if you edit it regardless of who creates the route or session.

Since TRS22 you can clone and edit DLC routes. What you can't do is merge them but you can modify them in any other way and you can upload your own aliased routes to the DLS for others to use as long as they have the same original route.

Back