Whatever2006's Introduction

Whatever2006

Hi there, my name is Whatever2006, or Whatever. I'm a Trainz PC user since 2021, I play the legacy versions of Trainz, Trainz Simulator 2009 and Trainz Simulator 12.

I'm friends with a few people in the Trainz Community such as, N8PHU, Hiawathamr and RioGrandeLocos. that's all from my little introduction from me and I hope I can interact with all of you in the community.

Whatever2006 informed me that he had temporary access to change his profile picture and banner. I am speaking for him because currently he is unable to reply to threads/comments/posts for unknown circumstances.
Was temporary access because he is new around here? And is "unable to reply" related to that too?

Those are links to the database(s) that this forum uses to store user data, posts, threads, etc...
In the case of the spammers that were creating accounts with profile pics, backgrounds and fully written summaries, I suspect they were using insert queries to push the data directly into the database therefore bypassing the restriction imposed by the visual interface. This is script kiddie level "hacking" of mySQL databases that aren't properly secured after installation. I'm not saying that "Whatever2006" did this as well as several existing users were also able to edit their profiles early after the launch of this new forum and others had permission problems with seeing and interacting with the all the subforums as well. It seems that the rush to get the forum back online caused several security oops to happen. Been there, done that.

Was temporary access because he is new around here? And is "unable to reply" related to that too?
It was an account permission issue, which it has been resolved on my end. I manage to have a profile picture and a banner after I created this account, I'm sure this made all of you wonder how I got them.

I think I got access to the system for both the profile picture and the banner before I don't have access to them anymore. My profile picture and banner are gone now after I got an email from Zec, resolving the issue I had on my account.

I didn't think my introduction would turn into this...

Those are links to the database(s) that this forum uses to store user data, posts, threads, etc...
In the case of the spammers that were creating accounts with profile pics, backgrounds and fully written summaries, I suspect they were using insert queries to push the data directly into the database therefore bypassing the restriction imposed by the visual interface. This is script kiddie level "hacking" of mySQL databases that aren't properly secured after installation. I'm not saying that "Whatever2006" did this as well as several existing users were also able to edit their profiles early after the launch of this new forum and others had permission problems with seeing and interacting with the all the subforums as well. It seems that the rush to get the forum back online caused several security oops to happen. Been there, done that.
I was able to edit my own profile and I got permission problems after making this account. I got the permission issue resolved by contacting helpdesk, after that I no longer have a profile picture and banner.

I was able to edit my own profile and I got permission problems after making this account. I got the permission issue resolved by contacting helpdesk, after that I no longer have a profile picture and banner.
Yeah, several users had the same thing happen to them. Locking down new software can be a real pain. If you want to frighten yourself and you have access to your Internet router, look at the log file. Within seconds of anything going online it is targeted by the massive Chinese botnets.

Well welcome to Trainz Whatever2006! As you are finding out, it is a bit like the wild, wild west. Or maybe like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get! I have been here ten years, and I just learned that my post to the competitions forum yesterday says it was posted minutes ago, long after the thread closed. Go figure.

My avatar disappeared now, it got removed after my account permissions got resolved by helpdesk. I will be sticking to the default avatar for now.

Back