What should a Multi-player Session Look Like?

Ok that makes sense. Didnt realize I was unoffically testing per say but thats kool. I been messing with it. Nicely laid out. I'll send you an email about some concerns I have.

As for a Krashnburne MP session Anyday but Tue/Wed Im good for it.

David --

One of the Road Crew would be fine.
_____

Based on my experience with multiplayer sessions on this route, the Dispatcher (presumably you) will certainly have a torrid time.

I'd also suggest that it's essential that all players:
  • Have a copy of the route map.
  • Have a copy of the work sheet that indicates how the industries are configured.
  • Be able to use the Map View to locate industries and other trains.
  • Be reasonably competent is driving locomotives (there are usually lots of derailments with inexperienced drivers on this route).
Phil

Afterthought:
I see all you guys are in the US. I should be OK as long as you don't propose starting at 3am my time.

Dap i would like to be part of your session but my internet sometimes drops me near the end of the month. I would try if it alright with you,all
I like the way you make up a plan for us to follow and what we need to do.
Will you be using skype to disspatch this one?

Hello, I havent been around the games in a very long time, since the standard free play of previous versions bore me immensely! Seeing that 12 was to actually have multiplayer really sparked a new interest.

I am a huge fan of waybill and proto ops in model railroading (I can sit in a yard and make up trains for others to run for hours on end!), and seeing that you are trying to get real ops moving in the mp side, really has me excited! While I do not have 12, yet, I will be talking to you as soon as I do get it!

Im down for most any position, and time is a bit iffy. I tend to get off work around 11pm eastern time, but have weekends some what off. Id like to be a road crew, take a train from a yard and work an area. But if you where to host some thing, you could get a hold of us a week or so a head of time and work out a 100% time. I tend to stay up late any ways.

OK guys, It looks like we have a full crew. Please email me so we can establish a best time to schedule this.

David

Hello, I havent been around the games in a very long time, since the standard free play of previous versions bore me immensely! Seeing that 12 was to actually have multiplayer really sparked a new interest.

I am a huge fan of waybill and proto ops in model railroading (I can sit in a yard and make up trains for others to run for hours on end!), and seeing that you are trying to get real ops moving in the mp side, really has me excited! While I do not have 12, yet, I will be talking to you as soon as I do get it!

Until you get TS12, you will most likely enjoy this op session. You will spend two hours pulling cars from trains, sorting them in the yard, adding cars to trains and keeping the main clear for a passenger train. And there is a built-in car card system so you know where each car is bound. CN Holly SubDivision Pontiac Yard Ops,<kuid2:32711:100101:3>

Or, if you like to service industrial customers in and urban industrial setting, give this a try. It also has a built-in car card system. Switching Grogan Loop,<kuid2:32711:100108:2>

David

Well for me, I can do Weekends from around 7pm eastern till when ever.

But for routes, I would suggest some thing else. Im a road kind of guy. I like to haul big long trains and test out my loco motives, see what they can do. If we could find a route that had at least two yards, with plenty of industries between and beyond them. The we could have some real fun.

We could have one yard crew and each yard making up trains. The would make up locals that would head out to the industries. But also make up manifest/transfer runs, to move cars from yard to yard.

I'm currently setting up one of my clubs to have card order op sessions. We have the layout divided in two. A car might be loaded in an industry that is served by yard A, but get sent to a location server by yard B. To get there it is picked up by a local out of yard A and brought back to yard A. Once there it is sorted out and put into a manifest over to yard B. Once in yard be it is then placed into a local out of B to its next destination. This is repeated thought out the op session. Now a car might be moved a few times by crews on just yard B before heading back to yard A. Or it might go back and fourth between yards a few times before leaving the layout. (staging)

I have been looking at a few routes that could pull this off. But no luck yet. But using CMTM2 might be a good way simulate car cards and what not. But from what I can tell its a bit of work to set up. My work around to that would be to set up the industries on a route so that they are separated from each other but close to one of the 2 yards. I have been off and on working on a route of my own like this, but keep getting bogged down.

I have the perfect route for that i believe. As some of you know I've been working on modeling the 1.5" scale White Creek Railway in Trainz. They'll be plenty of jobs available including local freights, manifests, plenty of industries to switch, and they'll also be passenger also. Oh and this all single track with passing sidings.

Not sure when I'll have it up. It's about 70% done, track work is complete, just need to go through and do the industries.

Alex,

That is a great route. Make sure you use norfolksouthern37's searchlight signals. Let me know if you need help.

David

Dap needs to figure out CMTM, Alex needs to finish that route, and I need to do some thing. Ill bring the coffee and doughnuts. Or I need to set up a TS server if I can figure it out.

Well I'll have some time to work on it coming up in couple weeks when I'm off school for Xmas. It'll be getting the CMTM set up that will be the most time consuming. Plus I have heard that Russ re-did Appletree Junction, tore it all up and re arranged it.

Im very tempted to try and, in my own way, recreate Chi Town. Then again, a few months back I started on a layout that is based on a track plan I came up with if I ever had the room for a large layout. If I got around to finishing that it would be perfect for MP.

3 yards of diffrent sizes. Each with their own set of industries to be served along the main line. Steep mountain pass with helper service.

...Where did I put that drawing now?....

I recall you mentioning that operating scheme to me, sounds like it would be interesting esepecially with CMTM added. Was also thinking about finishing the DMRRC Route I started in 2010. I that one would take a lot less time to set up with CMTM than WCRR.

What route is it

The Route is Conundrum & pacific by Dap <kuid2:32711:100034:2>
The Session is Cunundrum test <kuid2:32711:100053:3> soon to be (4)
Like it said test.
This is by far the best route i've tryed.
The only thing it don't have is passengers trains.
But each frieght car has two to three places to be delivered to.
There yards, ports, & INDs where cars and trains are spoted for someone else to deliver to INDs or yards where it will be asigned a new destanation.
This route would be only better if 6 to 8 or more players would join.
Like all routes you need to learn a few things or know about RR OPs.
One thing about this route is it has job that takes about an hour then you are done and you can leave with out leaving your job unfinnished or take up another job.(stay longer)
Hope Dap has the update done by this weekend so we can have another try at MPing this route.

Danny, Dap is still working on that. Those destinations are set by the CMTM settings. Unfortunately Dap is still working out the bugs for MP. In testing, only the host can see where the cars go, and other players get an error message.

Back