What is Trainz 2010EE?

Jezmond40

Hi I know this sounds stupid but what exactly is Trainz is it like Railroad Tycoon which I had hours of enjoyment, creating routes, carrying passengers, mail freight etc? Or is it like MS Train Simulator, which I found boring because of the lack of interaction like picking up passengers etc?

Can some one advise me please?

Thanks

J

Last edited:
You have all the capabilities in TS2010, passengers, industries etc. TS2010 is the latest version of Trainz, and very addictive, so be aware !!

It can be very easy, but can get involved if you want accuracy and realistic route.

Give it a try in Surveyor

Create New, drop new baseboards at the edge of the 1 board you are given, then lay some tracks.

Add in a few hills, paint some ground textures and away you go

The 3D modelling tools such as gmax and Blender aren't required for making layouts, that's all done in Surveyor. However if you want to create a new building, loco, wagon, etc that nobody has yet created then you need to use them.

Surveyor allows you to adjust ground heights, texture (colour) the ground, lay track including junctions, tunnels and bridges, and add signals, buildings, stations, industries, etc. You can start by making a simple small flat featureless but fully functional layout then progressively learn how to do the more advanced things.

John

Back