WHAT AM I PAYING FOR

tankbob

british steam fan
The dls is not working again at the weekend also been very hit and miss this week i have a first class ticket and i should get a decent speed and access but for the last 3 months or so its been rubbish so n3v are you going to sort out what people like me and others are paying for,i can see people not renewing there first class tickets if this is what we are going to get a service that just does not work as it should. rant over

Well I am getting speeds of 2.6 and 5.7 Kbps this weekend don't know why we pay for it when you can get faster speeds if you only download 100mb per day

Well I am getting speeds of 2.6 and 5.7 Kbps this weekend don't know why we pay for it when you can get faster speeds if you only download 100mb per day
Can you check your Internet speed with a site like speedtest.net and report your speeds here, it may be your Internet connection itself.

the 100mb per day is for people who registered Trainz 2012, but haven't bought a First Class Ticket yet.

Last edited:
There was some kind of glitch earlier. I had stuff that turned red when I tried to download it. I then selected it again and tried another download it went fine.

John

That so called glitch has been going on all week, it is as bad now as it was six months a go. If you notice it takes about thirty seconds for it to start, It then jumps up to about 304kbps, then it will start to drop until it reaches 146bps. That is not a type'o it is actually bits per second (My commodore 64 com link went faster than this thing dose) So are we getting value out of our FCT? NO not on your life. Admitted if you wait long enough, it will shoot back to 5 to 600kbps, but we should get what we pay for and not have to wait half an hour for it to sort it's self out.

this has been going on with mine also. It brings down the bps down to 0 then say's 0kps. And then the thing won't download.

Same here, John. I tried 17 items and 14 of them turned red. Cleared the window and re-dragged/dropped them and started again. That time, only 5 turned red (the rest downloaded). I eventually got all 17 items.

The outages and slowness, as I see it, is not necessarily with N3V: it is the ISP that they hitched their falling star to. The servers are right here in the US and they truly stink on wheels; dropping offline whenever they feel like it and every other failure. As for the red items, that could very well be just some scripting problems in the DLS itself.

Bill

Yes Bill I've forgot the name of the server company but I remember that someone did reveal the name of the company, so I took the time to look them up on the web and all I saw was bad and damming reports.

It used to be "The Planet" and then they got bought up by another conglomerate which only made them worse, not better.

Bill

It makes me want to take my hat off to all those guys that took off in a rocket ship built by the lowest bidder.

I don't remember seeing that name though I could be wrong, but on inspection it say that. L
ance Crosby knows about the power of new beginnings. In 2005, he and his fellow co-founders left The Planet to found SoftLayer Technologies, and focused on building a different kind of hosting provider. “When we started SoftLayer, the vision was to become the de facto platform of the Internet,” said Crosby.

Good Morning All
It seems I didn't submit my post yesterday, however I have passed this on to our admin for him to look into. Being the weekend, it may be a little while before he sees my email regarding the server issues.

Regards
Zec Murphy

Back