West Somerset Railway

Ghost42

A search of the DLS finds nothing, does it exist as part of another route? If not I had better get creating :)
Rog

It did exist as a Trainz route, payware, but now sadly unavailable.

User 2995Valliant bought the copyrights to this route and is in the process of enhancing it but since the advent of T:ANE I think he's having problems with the project.

I have a copy of the original payware version and it installs in to T:ANE with very few problems but it looks quite dated.

I do remember that someone was in the process of creating this route, quite a long time ago, I don't remember his user name though and he's not been seen on the forums for a long time.

Not a lot of help for you, you may have to create your own version if you want the route.

Rob.

User 2995Valliant bought the copyrights to this route and is in the process of enhancing it but since the advent of T:ANE I think he's having problems with the project.

I have a copy of the original payware version and it installs in to T:ANE with very few problems but it looks quite dated.

I do remember that someone was in the process of creating this route, quite a long time ago, I don't remember his user name though and he's not been seen on the forums for a long time.

Not a lot of help for you, you may have to create your own version if you want the route.

Rob.
Thanks for the reply Rob, Whilst googling I found it exists on another sim, so will need creating.
The grades are published on the WSR website.
Took the trip in October and the journey took an extra hour as a bonus, the train had to be hand-sanded due to the engine being in reverse.

Hi everybody.
In regard to all the above, I have the West Somerset Railway on another sim (N3Vs leading competitor) as payware from Just Trains. I would have to say that it is not that great as compared to many of their routes which are normally first class.

Just Trains do not seem to create much for the Trainz Simulator these days which is a pity as they made some great stuff in the past especially in regard to British routes, locomotives, DMUs and rolling stock.

Anyone interested in the West Somerset and have the "other sim" could have a look or enquire on the Just Trainz website as if it is still available you are allowed to edit and inprove it youself provided youb do not then sell or share it with anyone..

EDIT:- Just had a look at the just Trains website and West Somerset is available for the 2017 version of the "other simulator" cost £20 British sterling. So, if you have that it looks as if the route has had a major makeover from the version I have which is for the 2015 version.

Hope this helps
Biii

Last edited:

Rob.

Pretty sure it was PortLineParker, who was creating various heritage lines in Trainz if I remember correctly.

Rob.

It is alive and well in TANE, but using a lot of other people's vegetation assets so very unlikely to be released in anything like the near future.

Anthony

Last edited:
It is alive and well in TANE, but using a lot of other people's vegetation assets so very unlikely to be released in anything like the near future...
...Anthony

...and looking pretty astonishing! Probably the best looking route in T:ANE, judging by those screenshots.

Hopefully you'll be able to release it - sometime :)

Rob.

Last edited:
Back